Ananda Loaner Tour
Apr 22, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #16 of 124
Hello... I am interested in joining the Ananda loaner program. I am in Salt Lake City, UT. I hope to be selected.

Wow, a fellow audiophile here in SLC ;o. I thought that I was a loner!

Apr 22, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #17 of 124
I am from Miami ,Florida ive owned quite a number of headphones but never a hifiman except the he 560s but i felt they were too open (too much sound leaked in)for me at the time, its hard to find a pair of hifiman at meets down here so I'd love to make some time to review a pair.

Apr 22, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #18 of 124
I'm from Belgium. Would kill to have some alone time with Ananda! I heard them briefly before and have been enamored since. These headphones sounded sublime to me in the short time I already spent with them!!

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #20 of 124
I'm from a suburb of Los Angeles, CA, US. I use the HE-400i as my primary monitoring system while mixing and mastering music. I make house music myself and do mastering for any and all kinds of electronic music, with an emphasis on the experimental end of the spectrum. I'd love to compare/contrast the Ananda with the HE-400i and see how well my work translates to other systems from the Ananda. Currently, the HE-400i translates pretty much perfectly to all the kinds of systems my music is being heard on, and I think that is in large part due to how they're tuned, so I expect the Ananda would do well. I also wonder if I'll miss them after two weeks with them are over. I miss my HE-400i when I'm not monitoring through them, but they're my only planars, so I wonder how much of that is the Hifiman tuning vs. the quality vs. planar magic.

Apr 22, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #21 of 124
Hi ,
I am Petros located at Greece / Europe.
Current rig HD800s + HD660s + Schiit Mjolnir 2.
Also a full time reviewer for the printed edition of hxoseikona.gr published monthly.
I will be happy to talk with your local representative at Greece (www.chameleon-audio.com) and arrange a full review
along with posting impressions here at Head Fi.

Apr 22, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #22 of 124
I'd love to join this tour! I've enjoyed my HE-560 for many years and have been curious to compare and contemplate upgrading.

Apr 22, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #24 of 124
Hello,

I like to borrow the Headphone.
Toronto, Canada

Apr 22, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #25 of 124
I'd be very happy to audition and give feedback about Ananada. I live in Fort Wayne, IN, USA. I currently have the Massdrop HE4XX and will soon have the Edition XX to compare and contrast with here on Head-fi.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #26 of 124
I would love to try out the Ananda. I've been curious about them for the longest time. Currently have the HE-6 and am loving them!

I'm in Little Canada, MN.

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #27 of 124
Hi Mark - if these are going same / similar time as the HE6se tour, then yep count me in also.

You have my details already. Invercargill, New Zealand

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #28 of 124
Hiya,

If you need more people in NZ I will be more than happy to try them out. I have in the past reviewed Hifiman supermini, megamini, re-800 and re-2000, I live in Wellington and hopefully @Brooko can vouch for me :)

Thanks and regards

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #29 of 124
Here at HIFIMAN we want to try to give back to the community and it is with this goal in mind that are initiating a series of Loaner Tours. We want to put select products in the hands of those members of the community to experience HIFIMAN gear in the forum that matters most and thus is the most important headphone community.

The HIFIMAN Ananda is an open backed headphone with a specially designed planar magnetic driver. The headphone's relatively high sensitivity is higher than is typical in a Planar Magnetic headphone and allows it to be driven with some ease by conventional headphone amplifiers and even many mobile phones. Sonically the Ananda shares the same HIFIMAN level of resolution and even-handed sonic performance across the acoustic spectrum that you have come to expect. Smooth and highly extended at both ends with their large driver lows can reach deep into the depths for a full and robust bass response while it retains highly expressive mids and delicately airy treble. Power, control and finesse all sewn up in to sumptuous headphone with stunning audio quality.

Interested? If so, please note that at the moment, the program is operating exclusively in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. In the space below, please confirm that you want to borrow the system and fill your city and country (we will PM you for your full details.) Then in a line or two say why you would like to take part. Also, we ask that you commit to posting your first impressions of the Ananda when it arrives, with a more detailed assessment after you had a couple weeks to spend some quality time listening to your favorite music.

T&C’s To take part you must be located in Europe, North America, Australia or New Zealand. We will select who takes part and in what order, we will inform prospective participants once they are next in line. This is to confirm they are available and allow us to ensure smooth handovers. Participants must also provide us with a photo of the item just before they pass it onward so that we can confirm its good condition when it left them. The duration of the loan will be two weeks from once it gets to your home. We will provide you with a shipping label if possible (in countries where we cannot you will be required to post to the next participant with tracked shipping, we can refund the shipping cost for which we will require the receipt as evidence.)
Hello! I'm from Sydney, Australia and would love to review these on addition to the HE6se's (which I'm enjoying very much!).

Apr 23, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #30 of 124
Hiya,

If you need more people in NZ I will be more than happy to try them out. I have in the past reviewed Hifiman supermini, megamini, re-800 and re-2000, I live in Wellington and hopefully @Brooko can vouch for me :)

Thanks and regards

Definitely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back