Analysis Plus Interconnects
Nov 24, 2002 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 8
I don't mean to hijack this thread from Magic but.....

How do there power cables sound compared to VD?

Nov 24, 2002 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
I own or have tried every cable they make except the Gold ICs, so obviously I like them very much.

What exactly do you want to know?

I would probably be interested in the Oval One interconnect. I would be connecting them directly into my headphone amp from my CD player.

I've been using the Monster Interlink 400MkII for a long time. So,I'm wondering if the Oval One would be a significant upgrade from the Monsters? I'm assuming yes. At $89 for 1M length, they seem to be a good deal.

Nov 24, 2002 at 10:14 PM Post #6 of 8
Probably best buy for cheap ICs I have tried are the Outlaw PCA at $50 and offer unbeatable value, there are better ICs but they cost more.

I did try $90 Dimarzio's and both Outlaw PCA and AP Oval One are better for me.

I have some Monster ICs for home theater (400 & 500) and again the Outlaw and AP are much better. I can tell you that the new AP Oval One will obsolete the more expensive AP Copper Oval because in my book they are almost equal sounding and Oval One is 1/3 the price. I sold my copper ovals last year and went with new AP Solo Crystal ICs which are excellent but cost $400,
these easily surpass the copper ovals.

I have owned AP Power Ovals but the VD References and higher replaced them. I would prefer an AP Power Oval over VD P2 and lower cords however.
In other words I think I would trade an AP Power Oval for a VD Audition, but would keep the Power Oval if you offered me a VD P2 cord.

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks Dark Angel!!!!

I am assuming the Power Ovals are more flexible than the big fat VDs.

Is there any difference in "house brand sonic" between the APs and VDs?

Nov 25, 2002 at 1:32 AM Post #8 of 8
The AP Power is extremely flexible, and also beautiful cord:
Power Oval

The difference in sound is that higher end VD cords enhance the 3D soundstage better, of course they cost more too........
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back