An interesting headphone experience...
Nov 18, 2005 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

taylor

1000+ Head-Fier
Normally I don't make threads about mundane things, but I just noticed something interesting for the first time -

I am currently wearing my AKG K340s. They are centered over my ears, and the Pet Shop Boys 1987 Three CD Set is playing. My dad came up behind me. I turned to face him [A second odd thing - Pet Shop Boys sang "From the moment you turned to face me", a line on the ninth track, as I typed that] and saw something that was black and silver. "What the hell is that black and silver thing?" I wondered. I turned to see it better but it moved with me. Then it hit me like a brick thrown out of an airplane - I was looking at the K340s! I tried it with my left eye and I could see it, but not as much.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Nov 18, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 21
I can see the edge of my DT880 faintly in my peripheral vision.

Nov 18, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 21
i can see every headphone i own (save in ear typoes) in my pereiphial vision when worn in the "good sounding positions" and in some pushed further back.

the k-340's are visible anywhere that they are on my ears.

Nov 18, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 21
I can see my RS-1 very clearly, pokes out an inch or so into my FOV.
rs1smile.gif

Nov 18, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 21
Don't think that's unusual.

I just checked the phones I have in reach, and I can peripherally glimpse the DT990 Pro, DT880, K501, SA5K, and the HD545. And that's with trifocals. I can assure my vision isn't that great.
cool.gif

BW

Nov 18, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 21
Que?

confused.gif

Unless you are Neil, you can't really see headphones unless you are wearing them really foward. Of course Neil can't see anything the way he wears them.
tongue.gif

I guess if I look to my left or right I can see the edges of my K1000's.

-Ed

Nov 18, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #7 of 21
After spending a few minutes shaking me head like I'm paranoid, I can safely say I can't see any parts of my HD650's with my peripheral vision. I can also safely say that this will cause your neck to become very sore.

Nov 18, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Que?

confused.gif

Unless you are Neil, you can't really see headphones unless you are wearing them really foward. Of course Neil can't see anything the way he wears them.
tongue.gif

I guess if I look to my left or right I can see the edges of my K1000's.

-Ed

Nope, mine are in normal listening position, and I can see about a half inch of black and silver.

But with my SR-60s, I couldn't see them at all. At least I don't recall seeing them in probably 1,000 hours of listening time, and I don't feel like finding them to check, because I <3 K340.

Nov 18, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #14 of 21
Let me see...

Turn eyes.

Hard.

Harder.

Arg..

Hey!

I can see my bald spot!

Nov 18, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #15 of 21
I have the same experience as you. With my k340s on, i can see clearly the right cup of my the phone, not so much on the left side. This might all go back to genetics and such with which eye is more dominant, who knows?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back