An idea/overview of the portable headphone market?
Jun 29, 2008 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BloodSugar00

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello there,

First time posting in this forum as up until now an amp hasnt been priority. However, I am now ready, if not financially to buy, to start digesting the market and seeing whats out there, portable amp wise! I realsie this may be digging up old ground but could somene be nice enough to gie me and idea of the market so I can go off and research further, individual models. Company, model, price would be smashin!

N.B.// I am using a sony NWZA829 DAP and sleek audio SA6 IEM's and Shure SE530's.

Jun 29, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 8
Jun 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #4 of 8
Check out the review in my sig...that should give you another view of the portable market....the more views, the better.

Jun 30, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the review in my sig...that should give you another view of the portable market....the more views, the better.

Nice one! The more reviews, thoughts, opinions etc thet better as you say! That should come in very helpful and informative, so thanks
cool.gif
Much appreciated.

Jun 30, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 8
After you've researched, digested and let the infoglut percolate, and honed it down to some systems that might really interest you and fit your budget (or, hopefully, not too far above it) -- try to go to as many meets in your area as possible and listen-listen-listen to compare and let your ear/brain interface help you create your own personal impressions and preferences.

Welcome and Happy Hunting!

...and... [size=medium]Sorry 'Bout Your Wallet[/size].

Jun 30, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After you've researched, digested and let the infoglut percolate, and honed it down to some systems that might really interest you and fit your budget (or, hopefully, not too far above it) -- try to go to as many meets in your area as possible and listen-listen-listen to compare and let your ear/brain interface help you create your own personal impressions and preferences.

Welcome and Happy Hunting!

...and... [size=medium]Sorry 'Bout Your Wallet[/size].

Sounds a logical and fun idea!! Not something I've really thought about yet but I'll definately look into meets at some point. I can imagine it be a lot of fun whilst also being helpful in expanding your experience with audiophile gear, your tastes etc. Yeah, I may well do that! Cheers Romanee
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back