An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Mar 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #46 of 9,499

Magick Man

Daddy Warbucks
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Posts
6,465
Likes
590
So, I go pick her up from classes today and she starts working on a paper. So I go into the mancave and listen to my buddy's HD800s some more, I'm working on training my hearing, and she walks in sits on the ottoman for a minute and asks, "why don't you have one of those amplifiers with the big tubes?". I told her I didn't because it's been out of my budget. Then she said, "well, you've blown that to hell, might as well do it".

So, now I guess I'm gonna be shopping for a balanced head amp with "big tubes". I'm thinking about the WA22.
 
Mar 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #47 of 9,499

Greeink

Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Posts
70
Likes
15
You are in the clear my friend. I take that as 100% permission.
 
.... and while you are at it. Get those T1's
tongue.gif

 
Mar 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #49 of 9,499

Magick Man

Daddy Warbucks
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Posts
6,465
Likes
590
Don't have that much in my budget, but I can make the WA22 fit.

Not getting the T1s, I wasn't very impressed when I recently auditioned them. They just seemed like slightly better DT880s.
 
Mar 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #50 of 9,499

WarriorAnt

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Posts
4,283
Likes
154


Quote:
So, I go pick her up from classes today and she starts working on a paper. So I go into the mancave and listen to my buddy's HD800s some more, I'm working on training my hearing, and she walks in sits on the ottoman for a minute and asks, "why don't you have one of those amplifiers with the big tubes?". I told her I didn't because it's been out of my budget. Then she said, "well, you've blown that to hell, might as well do it".
So, now I guess I'm gonna be shopping for a balanced head amp with "big tubes". I'm thinking about the WA22.



You sure she was talking about an amp?
 
Mar 14, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #52 of 9,499

beerguy0

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Posts
2,413
Likes
24


Quote:
So, I go pick her up from classes today and she starts working on a paper. So I go into the mancave and listen to my buddy's HD800s some more, I'm working on training my hearing, and she walks in sits on the ottoman for a minute and asks, "why don't you have one of those amplifiers with the big tubes?". I told her I didn't because it's been out of my budget. Then she said, "well, you've blown that to hell, might as well do it".
So, now I guess I'm gonna be shopping for a balanced head amp with "big tubes". I'm thinking about the WA22.



Ride that wave!
 
Mar 14, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #54 of 9,499

hyogen

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 11, 2012
Posts
788
Likes
48


Quote:
You are in the clear my friend. I take that as 100% permission.
 
.... and while you are at it. Get those T1's
tongue.gif


agreeeed.  you're in the clear.........just know there will probably be a few big purchases on her part as well :p     You guys may have read my thread on here recently about the field day I had while my wife was gone to korea visiting family.  You should have seen the look on her face when she came back and saw my spoils after 3 weeks of hustling phones on craigslist with a budget of about $250 :D 
 
Hopefully she'll think twice about going to visit her family and leaving me alone again for that long, too -_-  I survived on 3 family sized pizzas, 1 ramen, a few trips to taco bell.  Actually, it wasn't so bad...I even lost about 4 pounds (good thing).  But, there were definitely some things to be left desired--one of them being her cooking :wink: 
 
 
Mar 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #55 of 9,499

Totally Dubbed

aka 1337 Gamer
aka totallydubbed2
aka TotallydubbedHD
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Posts
4,351
Likes
72


Quote:
agreeeed.  you're in the clear.........just know there will probably be a few big purchases on her part as well :p     You guys may have read my thread on here recently about the field day I had while my wife was gone to korea visiting family.  You should have seen the look on her face when she came back and saw my spoils after 3 weeks of hustling phones on craigslist with a budget of about $250 :D 
 
Hopefully she'll think twice about going to visit her family and leaving me alone again for that long, too -_-  I survived on 3 family sized pizzas, 1 ramen, a few trips to taco bell.  Actually, it wasn't so bad...I even lost about 4 pounds (good thing).  But, there were definitely some things to be left desired--one of them being her cooking :wink: 
 

hahahahaha!!
 
 
 
 
Mar 14, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #56 of 9,499

Magick Man

Daddy Warbucks
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Posts
6,465
Likes
590
So, okay, any other solid tube contenders out there other than the WA22? $2000 is the budget and it must have balanced output and be able to properly drive the HE-6.
 
Mar 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #57 of 9,499

kenvisor

Now known as: meraias
Joined
Sep 28, 2011
Posts
49
Likes
13


 
Quote:
So, okay, any other solid tube contenders out there other than the WA22? $2000 is the budget and it must have balanced output and be able to properly drive the HE-6.

 
What a turn. Send her to more of those 'classes' im sure it'l work..
with that comin...remember to tell her she had just became sexier than ever!
(and for a moment there i though the cause was she thinks you love your phones more than you love her...)
 
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top