An alternative to Apple IEM?
Aug 9, 2011 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

akerman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I'm working in a company that primarily uses iPhone as the communication tool. We have been using the packaged earbuds so far, but they are breaking down and we need to replace.

Looking at the Apple in-ear buds with microphone, it seems expensive ($79) for the kind of quality I would expect.

Are there any alternatives out there, that will have microphone functionality, working together with the iPhone? Or are we forced to go with Apple's IEM.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #2 of 7

avorite

New Head-Fier
You could try the UE600vi - The balanced armature technology though costly is clear, fast and accurate, without flabby and bloated bass on those phones. Noise isolation is a plus too

Alternatively, you could try the UE200vi (http://ultimateears.com/en-us/products/200vi-v2) much cheaper and noise isolating too! The bass on this are not bloated or boomy, its quite well controlled and thus should be fine with microphone operation i guess.

I do not own a idevice myself, take these suggestions with a pinch of salt.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #3 of 7

LegendaryLvl1

100+ Head-Fier

Quote:
Hi

I'm working in a company that primarily uses iPhone as the communication tool. We have been using the packaged earbuds so far, but they are breaking down and we need to replace.

Looking at the Apple in-ear buds with microphone, it seems expensive ($79) for the kind of quality I would expect.

Are there any alternatives out there, that will have microphone functionality, working together with the iPhone? Or are we forced to go with Apple's IEM.

Basically you're forced to go with the Apple IEM's.
Apple has set the bar with their amazing IBuds and you'll be hard pressed to find any other brand that can match their sound quality, as well as superior bass.
cool.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #4 of 7

akerman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Avorite

The 200vi looks like a really good option, thanks for that. It also seems to work with iPhone.

Just to clarify my original post - the sound quality is not so important, this is for business use. So it's more important that the buds are sturdy and can handle 3-4 hours use per day.

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 7

ZARIM

IP address matches SNOOP_DOGG and HFAUDIOPHILE.
The Etymotic HF3 (soundquality, sturdy than ADDIEM and better isolation), MC3, S4i and Phonak.PFE 022.

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 7

tinyman392

Be nice to noobs, we were all noobs at one point in our life.
The Etymotic HF2/3 go for about 100-110 on Amazon through Amazon so you can still have warranty.  They are an upgrade to the Apple IEMs offering more clarity (not much more detail, but still more detail, clarity is night and day though which is why I mention it) and much better treble and treble decay (decays slower).  You do lose the warmness in the ADDIEMs though :p

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #7 of 7

shureThing

100+ Head-Fier
I vote of the 220vi as well. They will definite not break, aside from the paint peeling slightly. Personally, when they started peeling, I scraped all the pain off. I'm not sure if it'll work with iPhone (it has a single button on the microphone), but I know it works with BlackBerry phones.

Quote:
Hi Avorite

The 200vi looks like a really good option, thanks for that. It also seems to work with iPhone.

Just to clarify my original post - the sound quality is not so important, this is for business use. So it's more important that the buds are sturdy and can handle 3-4 hours use per day.

Users who are viewing this thread