An Absolutely Amazing Headphone Album! - Head-Fi TV, Episode 006
May 20, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #46 of 121

Quote:
Hi,

Doesn't look like it. I tried a card and Paypal. No joy. Don't understand what the problem is, but they state on the site that they can't sell hd downloads to people outside USA.

Great shame.

Ian

That's strange. I had no trouble at all using paypal and I am in Venezuela.

edit: you should try contacting hdtrack about it.

May 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #47 of 121
What were those headphones on the desk to Jude's right?

May 21, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #49 of 121
 I bought this the first or second day it was released. I listened to it once...and deleted it. It was fine as a recording, but it didn't do anything else for me.

May 21, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #52 of 121
I'm a fan of percussion, so I dig this record. I first listened on my work earbuds (Sony Fantopias) and thought someone dropped something outside the office, left side. Later I played it on my HD650s and while it sounds great, I prefer listening to this one on my SR-80s. The discount was nice also; keep up the good work!

May 21, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #53 of 121
I have the same experience with K501, the soundstage is totally 3 dimensional and open without being too huge or "far away". The Chesky Records is legend, I like their records but this binaural recording is more enjoyable through headphones.

May 21, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #55 of 121
Marvelous work!  I can't say enough about the commitment to sound excellence!  I may have to wait till payday to buy this album, but buy it I will!  I want to support those who support HeadFi.  Excellent work and kudos to all!

May 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #56 of 121
I'm glad to see this featured as a Head-Fi TV video. I've become a big fan of Chesky and HDTracks and am really hoping we can generate enough support to keep projects like this coming. I bought this early on and have really enjoyed it.

May 21, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #57 of 121
Hi, I bought it using Pay Pal from Germany. But I bought the MP3 version as I wanted it for my Walkman. I absolutely like the MP3 quality they provide, it is 44.000 khz 320 mbit. But it is from a very good recording. So you might want to try out the MP3 if the quality is ok for you. I also had it playing using my home theater setup and the sound was just overwhelming, especially the bass and also the surround effect using Dolby pro logic 2 Music.

May 22, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #58 of 121
Uh.... You just have to give a random USA address and make sure the name correspond to the one in the credit card. 

No problem buying the album way east here in Singapore ....

Quote:
I tried card and Paypal from UK and then saw their statement saying about no high definition files sold outside USA. You were lucky in that case!!

Ian

May 22, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #59 of 121

eek.gif

Quote:
Uh.... You just have to give a random USA address and make sure the name correspond to the one in the credit card. 

No problem buying the album way east here in Singapore ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back