Amy Winehouse, RIP…
Jul 23, 2011 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tru blu

Headphoneus Supremus
What seemed inevitable has come to pass…sigh…

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/23/entertainment/main20082454.shtml

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 15
Why the record company or her agent didn't get her into a hospital for serious substance abuse rehab--especially after her disastrous performances in Serbia a month ago--still bothers me. Winehouse is a very talented singer whose career was derailed by substance abuse--the same thing that killed Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix at the same age, too.
frown.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 15
[size=10pt]What a sad ending. RIP[/size]
[size=10pt]I do hope that others in similar lifestyles will turn their lives around.[/size]

[size=10pt]What a price to pay for fame[/size]

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #7 of 15
Amy Winehouse ~

My sentiments to her family, friends and fans worldwide. May our efforts keep Amy's voice; story from being silenced. Though not a fan of the singer, I am a music lover. And look to buy my first Amy Winehouse CD in a show of support for the estate.

Life is about new experiences and I am looking forward to mine with Amy. May she rest in peace...

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 15
Sad for her family, and sad that we will never hear what she was really capable of.  I have both her albums - they are fantastic.  I agree with SactoMan (above) - you have to ask why someone (agent / family / friends) couldn't help get her life turned around.

RIP Amy

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #10 of 15
Well, hindsight is 20/20, but in the final analysis Amy W was a grown-up, so I think there's very little anyone could do once she made it clear that overindulgence was her trajectory. And unfortunately, given her celebrity, enablers were probably around every corner…

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #11 of 15
Sad to hear about this as I really did believe she had immense talent. I just wish she would have had better judgment when it came to certain influences.

RIP.

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #12 of 15
Requisecat in Pacem, Amy.

She had a great voice and loads of talent. I wish we had more of her on well-recorded discs.

I was hoping to see her live one of these days, too.

So young, such a shame.

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #13 of 15
She was on the road to self destruction when she made Back to Black. I picked up the vinyl a few weeks ago and remember making the statement to my girlfriend that she was either going to kill herself or come out a fantastic artist. Unfortunatley she chose the self destruction. 

What a waste.

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #15 of 15
I'm late but rest in peace! I have all of her cd's just feel really sad when I heard it .. but Im not surprised at all. just waiting for it to happen.. one my favorite vocals on my closed inventory of hp's

I hope she's happy wherever she is..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back