1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AMV thread

1. PL4Y3R 0N3
    For those who are unacquainted with it, AMV stands for anime music video. Basically the creater picks an anime and a fitting (or sometimes not so fitting) song, and then matches the song to clips from the anime.

This thread is for the posting of one's favorite AMVs.

rules

All AMVs have some spoilers in them, so instead of just warning about spoilers, please give a degree:
    Light: as spoiler free as possible. Giving away almost none of the plot.
    Medium: gives away some key plot points, any who haven't gotten to that point would be angry.
    High:basically tells the story of the anime.
    EXTREME: this is for those special AMVs that show main charachters dying and or the result of a "boss battle" so to speak.

Also please give warnings for any of the following:
    Language
    Graphic content
    Nudity
    And anything else that needs to be mentioned.
    And last but not least ABSOLUTELY NO HENTAI!!

I'll start us off.
    Anime: Tokyo ghoul
    Song: down with the sickness, Disturbed

Warnings.
    Spoilers: low-medium
    Graphic content
    Language
    Nudity (it's on YouTube, nothing serious)

https://youtu.be/1GUqB64-HMo

2. Music Alchemist
    I've seen a lot of AMVs, and most are utter rubbish: just random clips put randomly to the music.

These two, however, are pure genius. You can tell the creator put a lot of effort into them.

About the warnings...I'd say no one's going to bother or care. People watching AMVs know what they're getting into. If you don't want spoilers, just watch the show before watching AMVs.

By the way, YouTube has plenty of adult content, typically requiring you to log in to view it. So just because something happens to be on YouTube doesn't guarantee anything.

P.S. Here's a similar thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676553/best-anime-music-videos

3. PL4Y3R 0N3
    Ahh, music alchemist. I was expecting you.
    Well, don't want anyone to be angry at me, that one is pretty graphic. Besides, I've seen at least one amv where a beloved main character dies, and it's part of the last episode, so I think a spoiler warning was necessary there.
    I feel like there was a lot of work put into the timing of the amv I posted up top. The song matches the anime well too.
    Btw, I don't know anything about adult content on YouTube, I don't go looking. :wink:

4. Music Alchemist

[​IMG]

If there is graphic content or spoilers, you can put embedded videos in a spoiler box with "Warning: Spoiler!" or "Warning: NSFW!" labels.

Most anime/manga-related discussion is in AAMML. Although it is ironically the most active thread on the site by far, I doubt other anime/manga-related threads will ever see much action. Perhaps you could post a link to this thread of yours in AAMML to get a bit more exposure.

Also, whenever I quote a post, I always remove images and videos to make things less cluttered. There's no reason to display that stuff more than once.

5. PL4Y3R 0N3
    Sorry, I'm on my phone, and that makes things more aggrivating.
    Yeah I saw that thread but it is just a mess. Way too fast paced for me.
    Another great one would be this:
    https://youtu.be/k9FWv5-R5-g
    This is Unravel by tk from ling tosite sigire. The song was the opening to the first season. Not really an amv but I love how they took time from the anime to include such an amazing song. Too bad I couldn't find the origional version with English subtitles, but it is constantly being removed from YouTube. XD
    Warning: extreme spoilers. Literally like the last 6 minutes from the last episode from the last season.