Ampsandsound Kenzie tube amp
Nov 18, 2018 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Douger333

100+ Head-Fier
I have owned my Kenzie amp since March 2017 and am very happy with it! I primarily used it
with my Mr. Speakers Ether headphones, a very nice combination... My Ethers were so pure I
chose not to convert to Flows.

I have also been a long time Grado fan, and last year they introduced the PS2000e, their new
flagship, $2695! I did not think I would ever be able to afford them... However, my father died in
November and while I did not inherit a lot of money, I was able to purchase my PS2000e's!
I have been breaking them in over a long time and finally can recommend them as a worthy
contender in the up to $4000 category!

The Kenzie is strong enough to drive any planar phones, and of course any dynamics. The
best part in my opinion is the 1626 tubes, known as baby 300B's... The tone is excellent!
Justin also offers the Agarth amp, featuring two 300B's, at $3600... Way beyond my resources!
The Kenzie is $1700, much more manageable, and consider that this will put you into the
top performance category.

I have listened to heavy symphonic and choral works like Beethoven's Ninth, The Firebird
and The Organ Symphony, all with very plausible reproduction. In more popular music,
Trans-Siberian Orchestra Night Castle, Tedeschi-Trucks Band Everybody's Talking,
Danielle Nichole Wolf Den! These are complex pieces with a lot of texture, the Kenzie and Grado resolve them very well.

Nov 18, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 2
If the Grado PS2000e is out of reach, consider the GH2 with pads from Beautiful Audio. The GH2 is cocobello and the pads are leather hybrid from New Zealand, $650 + $140, very comfortable and
long lasting, more intimate, stronger bass. Bass is very strong on both of these but still that Grado
sparkle and openness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back