Amplifier help for HD600 + Audioengine D1 and some other questions !!!
May 17, 2014 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

umutay

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I read lot of threads about this choise but couldn't get right idea so far and more confused :frowning2: 

I am new at head-fi and new for hi-fi headphone... 

I bought HD600 and audioengine d1 dac, i try to order la figaro 332s from yukong09 from below web adress, but i guess i am scammed.. His name is yukong09 and also member of this forum, i send him the payment via paypal but he get me wait for 9 days with out shipping the item.. So be aware buy a item from him..

http://www.yuking09.com/332s.asp

So this was the sad part, now i want to buy a head amplifier for my can and d1 ..

I want to give you some informations ;

I have at home marantz pm6004 and cd 6004 set witk kef q300 speakers.. other then this dynavox turntable for my lp's ..

Mostly i have cd's - lp's and flac at my dell laptop..

Cables : i bought usb from audioengine carbon and for dac-amp connection audioquest golden gate rca to rca...

which kind of music i listen, let me write to you what i listened last then after you can have a idea ;

Rolling Stones - Cake - Andrea Bocelli - Awolnation - Adele - Buena Vista Social Club - Buika - Quenn - Pharrell Williams - Lykke Li  and etc...

Now after i read most of the threads, people are saying that tube amplifier is a good pair with hd600..

So a start to make an research again and below is the choises i found.. By the way my budget is till 400usd..

- Maverick Audio Tubegic A1   (i emailed them for a question and beside the yukong09 they emailed back in a same hour... great service ryan !! )

- Schiit Valhalla

- Litte Dot Mk III  (i dont want to involve again those people from china but if you recommend hardly, i can go for it)

or any other choise ???

May 17, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 9
The D1 already has a headphone amp built in. Why did you get it if you were going to run a separate headphone amp???:confused:

David at Little Dot is a pleasure to deal with. Very good customer service.

May 17, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 9

I read lot of threads about this choise but couldn't get right idea so far and more confused :frowning2: 
I am new at head-fi and new for hi-fi headphone... 
I bought HD600 and audioengine d1 dac, i try to order la figaro 332s from yukong09 from below web adress, but i guess i am scammed.. His name is yukong09 and also member of this forum, i send him the payment via paypal but he get me wait for 9 days with out shipping the item.. So be aware buy a item from him..
http://www.yuking09.com/332s.asp
So this was the sad part, now i want to buy a head amplifier for my can and d1 ..
I want to give you some informations ;
I have at home marantz pm6004 and cd 6004 set witk kef q300 speakers.. other then this dynavox turntable for my lp's ..

How does the HD600 sound plugged straight into the PM6004?

May 18, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 9

Now after i read most of the threads, people are saying that tube amplifier is a good pair with hd600..

It depends on which tube amp and how much tube distortion you want to go into the HD600. The Little Dot MkII I had before combined with the Marantz CD60 I had then was just too warm when there is already enough wear on the HD600 pads, but with the HD600 plugged straight into the CD60's headphone driver (same pads), the sound was only slightly warmer than what I'd consider neutral. On new pads the difference is smaller but the tube amp still had more warmth than the CD60.

May 18, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 9
The D1 already has a headphone amp built in. Why did you get it if you were going to run a separate headphone amp???:confused:

^ this ^

Also, for the record - I've bought lots of stuff from Chinese sellers and have had absolutely zero issues.

May 18, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #6 of 9
The D1 already has a headphone amp built in. Why did you get it if you were going to run a separate headphone amp???
confused.gif

Actually the system works with prepare parts.. you can take a exact line out from laptop, you need a dac to get it minimum with 24bit.. then after amp would be needed..

May 18, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #7 of 9

How does the HD600 sound plugged straight into the PM6004?

I can say (my personal opinion) it's much better then flac (laptop)+dac  ... i could test it last week and i was satisfied, actually when i enter to hifi and baught this system couldnt think that amplifier couldnt be enough to drive hifi can.. 

Now when i jump to this session, i can see much more..

May 18, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #8 of 9

It depends on which tube amp and how much tube distortion you want to go into the HD600. The Little Dot MkII I had before combined with the Marantz CD60 I had then was just too warm when there is already enough wear on the HD600 pads, but with the HD600 plugged straight into the CD60's headphone driver (same pads), the sound was only slightly warmer than what I'd consider neutral. On new pads the difference is smaller but the tube amp still had more warmth than the CD60.

So it depends on what you like i guess... more warmer or just the output from cd with warm

May 18, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #9 of 9
Actually the system works with prepare parts.. you can take a exact line out from laptop, you need a dac to get it minimum with 24bit.. then after amp would be needed..

I don't understand what you mean by "prepare parts."

However, if I knew I was going to buy a separate headphone amp, I would not buy the Audioengine D1 because there are better DACs for less money. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back