Amplifier for PC
Jun 18, 2005 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xxtest83

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I just found an amp for the use on a PC on meier-audio for 280$: Porta Corda MkIII-USB. The advantage of the MkIII-USB is that it bypasses the soundcard. Is it good with the use for the HD 650 ? Is there a better alternative for the main use on a PC when using the Audigy 2 ZS soundcard for max 350$ ?
Greetings
Stefan

Jun 26, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 6
I have the Jasmine tube amp. It's a small 5w tube integrated amp that can drive speakers, it has a headphone out and also a USB in that has it's own Burr-Brown DAC inside. Pretty neat and very good sounding little amp.

http://www.fixaudio.net/features/Pro...00Brochure.pdf
www.jasmineaudio.net

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xxtest83
Hi,
I just found an amp for the use on a PC on meier-audio for 280$: Porta Corda MkIII-USB. The advantage of the MkIII-USB is that it bypasses the soundcard. Is it good with the use for the HD 650 ? Is there a better alternative for the main use on a PC when using the Audigy 2 ZS soundcard for max 350$ ?
Greetings
Stefan

Jun 27, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #5 of 6
My Bithead works well with the PC and I use it for a majority of my time on the computer. It's from HeadRoom.

Another DAC option for you to look into. They also have the Micro DAC for your consideration, which is a standalone portable option, with no amp.

I haven't heard the Porta Corda amp with DAC and my time with their vanilla amp is limited, but I didn't hear any glaring faults with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back