AMPLIFIER for AKG 240 Monitor (6oo Ohms)
Dec 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Farch

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Have any of you experienced dedicated or matching designed amps for that special version of K240?
We know they require a good power source to make them sound good and get a good sound level.
So thanks to share ideas or experiences, mine were completely overhauled, they're nearly like new, a job of mine that took me two days on my free time, I won't regret...

Fab'

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 7
  Have any of you experienced dedicated or matching designed amps for that special version of K240?
We know they require a good power source to make them sound good and get a good sound level.
So thanks to share ideas or experiences, mine were completely overhauled, they're nearly like new, a job of mine that took me two days on my free time, I won't regret...

The Schiit Magni or O2 should do the job.

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 7
Ok thanks for these advices,  I keep them on my list; by my side, prospected for some and here are the ones of which I believe could match too.
_the Corda Classic amp (By Meier Audio).
_the Lovely Cube.
Then you know what my budget range is...
The lovely cube seems very interesting to me considering the features for the price (I mean the premium built ready to use version).
The Coda Classic offers lots of luxury features and is a no compromise product, hard to beat it looking at the specs and inside pics, very nice.
Seeing your profile, I realize you've got one, so, would be happy to know what your best experience was with your own amps (even if the K240 M are not your favourits)

Fab'

P.s: sorry if my english is not good or if there are errors or mistakes, my schooldays are far.

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #4 of 7
  Ok thanks for these advices,  I keep them on my list; by my side, prospected for some and here are the ones of which I believe could match too.
_the Corda Classic amp (By Meier Audio).
_the Lovely Cube.
Then you know what my budget range is...
The lovely cube seems very interesting to me considering the features for the price (I mean the premium built ready to use version).
The Coda Classic offers lots of luxury features and is a no compromise product, hard to beat it looking at the specs and inside pics, very nice.
Seeing your profile, I realize you've got one, so, would be happy to know what your best experience was with your own amps (even if the K240 M are not your favourits)

Fab'

P.s: sorry if my english is not good or if there are errors or mistakes, my schooldays are far.

I had open up my K240Ms and the foam part was so old it just flaked away, have not gotten around to fixing them yet, so have not used them in awhile, but I do remember how much I liked the clarity.
I had used my Essence STX to drive them.

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #5 of 7
Alright I'll keep that one in my list too. I had the same problems as yours when disassemblying them: foams litteraly going to dust, the ones near earpads, and the circle ones inside resonators.
I could order and get brand new and upgraded parts (better materials), and I finally decided to remove and change all worn parts, and have a complete check.
If you need a help of any kind to complete a partial or total overhaul, feel free to ask, I think I can help for those ones.
I kept the listing of part numbers, some parts came from Germany (directly odered in that country), some were ordered in France and came from outside, but I could get everything except the two small elastics, managed to find the same kind yet.
I guess you also have AKG good after market suppliers where you live...

Fab'

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #6 of 7
  Alright I'll keep that one in my list too. I had the same problems as yours when disassemblying them: foams litteraly going to dust, the ones near earpads, and the circle ones inside resonators.
I could order and get brand new and upgraded parts (better materials), and I finally decided to remove and change all worn parts, and have a complete check.
If you need a help of any kind to complete a partial or total overhaul, feel free to ask, I think I can help for those ones.
I kept the listing of part numbers, some parts came from Germany (directly odered in that country), some were ordered in France and came from outside, but I could get everything except the two small elastics, managed to find the same kind yet.
I guess you also have AKG good after market suppliers where you live...

I was recommended some low costing foam that is used in fish tanks that can be cut in the shape of the K240 foam pads.
I have the foam, just have to put some effert into getting it done.

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes, a good idea, I guess the foam used for filtering the water, for sure it's got the same texture, but t needs to be properly adjusted to be fitted in, not so easy to properly place the new guenine parts.
I changed all foams on mine, even ear pads; firstly I ordered the velour model, but the size of the inner hole didn't match with old original ones, so that ears can completely be covered, more comfortable for a long time use.
Finally ordered new original ones, dedicated to 240 model, without velour, and prefered them.

Fab'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back