Amping a ZV:M
May 7, 2006 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tailes151

New Head-Fier
Ok, first things first -- I'm no pro when it comes to audio. I own a pair of HD-555's and a set of KSC-75's. I recently bought the zvm and have been looking to buy a PA2V2 for it. My question was how I would connect the amp to the unit. Do I plug it into the heaphone out? Or do I have to keep the line out plugged in with the player the whole time so that I can use that?

Any helps appreciated,

Thanks

May 7, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 6
The PA2V2 comes with a (crappy) male-to-male jack or wtv they're called; mini cable, right? Anyway, that should solve ur q. However, try to buy the Belkin 6-ft black mini cable (you can find it on Amazon for $10, shipped and tax and all); it'll eliminate jack fit problems as well as bring back some lost sq from the crappy cable the PA2V2 comes with.

May 7, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tailes151
Ok, first things first -- I'm no pro when it comes to audio. I own a pair of HD-555's and a set of KSC-75's. I recently bought the zvm and have been looking to buy a PA2V2 for it. My question was how I would connect the amp to the unit. Do I plug it into the heaphone out? Or do I have to keep the line out plugged in with the player the whole time so that I can use that?

Any helps appreciated,

Thanks

Turn off the video output in the settings, insert dingle and plug amp into AV Out.

May 8, 2006 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 6
*waves*

Bangra, just a question. The ZV:M's screen would go totally black (as in entering AV mode) when lining it out right? Any way to counter this? o.O

Or would you recommend amping from the HP out?

May 8, 2006 at 11:20 AM Post #6 of 6
As I said, switch the video off (you'll probably have it set at NTSC or PAL right now) in the settings. Then it'll be a regular line out and the display remains on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back