Amperior vs dtt1350 ? SQ question ?
Jan 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AmberOzL

Headphoneus Supremus
Guys, which portable legend sounds better? I will run it with my ipod nano without an amp. Please consider that an-amp situation while answering.

Music genres: pretty much everything but mostly rock/metal and their sub genres.

I know durability, isolation and comfort is pretty much same in between so SQ what matters for me.

If possible, instead of fan replies, I would like to learn why dt1350/amperior is better than the other, because of what I should choose it.

I know both of them are very good cans and portable friends.

For the moment because of way low impedance I am slightly leaning on Amperiors but hey, before making my decision, I wanted to learn what others say.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 4
The Amperior is too up-front sounding to my ears.  This means with music types like metal and rock my ears would fatigue after 30 seconds of use.  The Amperior is much more up-front sounding than the HD-25-ii and the DT1350.

The DT1350 is a great headphone, but they have two issues that I have found / heard.
1.)  Some DT1350 have an audible drop in the midrange making it sound pretty weak there as well as lifeless.
2.)  They earcups are small and finding the best sound by moving the earcups around is a bit tedious.

If I had to choose I would easily pick the DT1350 because the Amperior just just too up-front for my ears.

You may want to consider the V-Moda M80 which is a great balance between the two.  You get a little extra bass kick as well as a slightly up-front sounding headphone, but the fatigue is gone.  The V-Moda M80 runs $200 and you can customize the earcup covers for $50 extra by adding your own personal logo.  When I did my amped listening tests with the DT1350, M80, and HD-25-ii I found the M80 sounded right in the middle of the others as far as sound quality.  The M80 is more comfortable than the DT1350 and without having a "good" pair of DT1350s around you will probably not notice the dip in the midrange.

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for the reply, but it is too late. Today from a hot deal I bought the Amperiors. 250 euro, I guess it is okay.

I was considering M80s too but lack of isolation made me put them aside.

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 4
I think especially with rock and metal the up-front sounding of the Amperiors is great. It is punchy and makes you move your head. Also, I thik rock and metal needs some volume to sound really good and the low impediance comes in very handy for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back