Amp3 or iPod 5th gen in car
Sep 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fredog

New Head-Fier
Trying to decide between these two for use in my car aux input. I would be using the line out from the iPod 5th gen. I'm assuming I would need to use the headphone out from the Amp3.

Is there a great deal of difference in SQ between these 2 in this scenario?

I'm concerned about trying to use the Amp3 in the car. It's user interface seems small and not very intuitive. Does anyone have experience using the amp3 while driving. I would think the iPod interface would be much more usable while driving.

Will volume of Amp3 need to be cranked up for this use. If so does this increase the issue with hiss?

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 5
SQ is a lot better on the AMP3, but UI is likely unusable in this scenario except for next track/prev track, volume and play/pause.

I've noticed better quality sound even hooked up to an FM transmitter. It's definitely better using an aux input. Hiss hasn't been noticeable for me but it's an FM transmitter. :p

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by fredog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to decide between these two for use in my car aux input. I would be using the line out from the iPod 5th gen. I'm assuming I would need to use the headphone out from the Amp3.

Is there a great deal of difference in SQ between these 2 in this scenario?

I'm concerned about trying to use the Amp3 in the car. It's user interface seems small and not very intuitive. Does anyone have experience using the amp3 while driving. I would think the iPod interface would be much more usable while driving.

Will volume of Amp3 need to be cranked up for this use. If so does this increase the issue with hiss?

I got my AMP3 for nearly one month and an iriver H140 (line out)+ D10 amp. (i have no IPOD 5G),I like the AMP3 HP out musical taste.

I almost addict to AMP3 all the day, at home i use to hook to my home set up and when driving, I hook to my car audio system.

As the sound sources, the AMP3 is amazing. just as lot of other owners said, it's sound quality is the Marantz CD player grade. I suppose it is because it have an individual Class A amp and can work as the preamp for my car amp and speakers. So the signal is powerful.

As to the operation, I think your worrry is not necessary. AMP3 is more simple and intuitive, you need no eyes on it with the mechanical keypad operation. the single hand operation designing is very useful during doing other works.

After burning 400 hours, the hiss has gone, ( it was told that the AMP3 pro2 have no hiss). So you don't need to care about the hiss problem.

Plus, the enclosure of AMP3 is brushed aluminum, no painting and the marks on it is laser carved. So we don't need to worry about the collision using in the car.

AMP3 is a almost all weather musical gear.it is suitable for on the go, for car and home audio sources, and for PC video sound improvement.

I think AMP3 is my best investment ( at least it is the DAP/AMP , can work as a sources/preamp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back