Amp with best form factor to strap to Iriver H320?
Dec 13, 2009 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jim1274

Head-Fier
I have an IRiver H320 that I'd like to strap a portable amp to in order to take advantage of the line-out. There are SOOOO many amp candidates, I thought one way to narrow down the choices was to look for something with about the same length and width to make it easier to sandwich them together. I suppose thinner the better for the amp as the H320 is pretty thick by itself. Any suggestions on an amp about the same footprint as the H320? I was thinking of just using adhesive velcro to attach them, but other alternative suggestions would be welcomed. Also, suggestions on a serviceable modest price cable suitable to link the combo would be much appreciated.

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jim1274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an IRiver H320 that I'd like to strap a portable amp to in order to take advantage of the line-out. There are SOOOO many amp candidates, I thought one way to narrow down the choices was to look for something with about the same length and width to make it easier to sandwich them together. I suppose thinner the better for the amp as the H320 is pretty thick by itself. Any suggestions on an amp about the same footprint as the H320? I was thinking of just using adhesive velcro to attach them, but other alternative suggestions would be welcomed. Also, suggestions on a serviceable modest price cable suitable to link the combo would be much appreciated.

I probably should have added "can anybody point me to a chart that shows the exterior dimensions of the portable amps on the market?" I could probably figure out a solution from there using reviews on the forum. Anyway, any specific suggestions would be welcomed. I tried searching for h320 rig photos, but unless I'm not getting the search terms right, have come up blank so far.

Dec 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 3
My iHP120's dimension is (WxDxH) 60 x 19 x 105mm. The H320 is 62 x 22 x 103mm. My iHP120 is strapped to my iBasso D10 which has a dimension of 55x21x104mm. So if you strap your H320 on top of a D10, its left and right sides would just be 3.5mm over the D10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back