1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Amp uprade or iem upgrade?

1. dwang040
    My current setup is the Senn 6xx, RHA ma750, and the uDac 3. I'm trying to see if I should get either the Massdrop CTH + some cheaper iems (westons UM1, Shure se215, etc) OR just use the uDac 3 for now and get the Campfire Nova (B-stock)/ Campfire Orion (A-stock).

As of right now, the uDac is okay in terms of powering the 6xx, but being a usb dac, I am usually at 3-4 o'clock, sometimes higher depending on the song. I also hear people say that the 6xx sound much better with a better amp and a lot of people like the CTH + 6xx combo. However, I noticed that my 750's developed a little rip in the outer rubber casing near the left side, fear that it might break in a week or so. Was wondering if something like the campfire Nova or the Orion would be worth it compared to something cheaper like another ma750, or the UM1. I guess at this point, it comes down to what's worth it. I use my iem's more than my headphones (60/40 split), so in both scenarios, I will be getting an iem. I guess it's more down to whether or not a more expensive iem is worth it cause I can always wait and upgrade my amp later on in life, but again, if $300 iem's aren't as amazing/ there are $100 or so options out there that are just as amazing, then might as well get that cheaper iem and upgrade my amp.