Amp to pair with RME ADI 2 DAC FS
Aug 15, 2022 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JayDM

New Head-Fier
Fell in love with the RME ADI and picked one up just need an amp to pair with it. Looking for something balanced, trying to keep it under 1k US but would go up to perhaps 1.2-1.5k if I’m really feeling it. Fun but not overly colored, I know sound is super subjective. Working with a few headphones and will probably add more later.

HD6xx
880 600 ohm
Sundara
Radiance
Clear
LCD 2 Classic
Incoming LCD 5

Would perhaps consider some power to spare as my eye is continually drawn to the Susvara, however if I do pull the trigger I would probably be willing to pick up whatever amp I would need to make them shine.

I’ve considered the Cayin IHA-6 and the Topping A90d. Not really excited about the Topping however it just seems like a solid item and deserves considering.

Any help would be appreciated, open to all option in my range.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Schiit Magnius?

Aug 15, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Schiit Magnius?
I’ve considered it, have a Magni and I enjoy it, just haven’t put much thought into pairing it with the RME, would probably buy the Modius if I were going to go that way. Don’t have a bad thing to say about the Schiit products I’ve owned performance wise, though I can’t say I enjoy their design choices… power switches on the back, oddly labeled switches on the front. Annoying design choices seem to sour me on products, perhaps the biggest reason the Singxer hasn’t been given much thought, that gain switch on the bottom.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #4 of 5
See if you can grab a used Violectric V280 or V281.

I don't know what the Radiance is and I think you won't have enough range of control for a pair of Clears even running -12 dB like most of us do for 300 ohm Sennheisers, but the Violectric amps are tanks and wonderful amps. You could ask in the Susvara thread if the V280/281 are enough.

Nov 25, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 5
Fell in love with the RME ADI and picked one up just need an amp to pair with it. Looking for something balanced, trying to keep it under 1k US but would go up to perhaps 1.2-1.5k if I’m really feeling it. Fun but not overly colored, I know sound is super subjective. Working with a few headphones and will probably add more later.

HD6xx
880 600 ohm
Sundara
Radiance
Clear
LCD 2 Classic
Incoming LCD 5

Would perhaps consider some power to spare as my eye is continually drawn to the Susvara, however if I do pull the trigger I would probably be willing to pick up whatever amp I would need to make them shine.

I’ve considered the Cayin IHA-6 and the Topping A90d. Not really excited about the Topping however it just seems like a solid item and deserves considering.

Any help would be appreciated, open to all option in my range.

In the same boat... Did you get a balanced amp? Which one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back