Amp to drive koss pro4aat
Oct 14, 2007 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ourfpshero

Headphoneus Supremus
ok i recently bought some koss pro4aat's off the forums here. these are 250 ohm cans. i primarily play games on my pc and use an x-fi sound card (a 2v source i think). i have uses sennheiser hd525 (100ohm) and sennheiser 465 (32 ohm?). the sound card drives both hard enough to vibrate my head. the 525's- which cost 170.00 some yrs back- sound much better that the 465s.

anyway the pro4aat's sound like hell- not enough power. i tried gary's pocket amp2 and it did almost nothing to help. i got a generic cmoy amp off ebay- uses a lf 353n opamp chip and it helps a little more but still not much power in the bass! this same cmoy amp drives the sennheisers much louder!

my question is: what reasonably priced amp will drive these cans? does not have to be portable. these cans seem to have a lot of fans so i have to be missing something

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 6
I couldn't blow any life into these cans with any amp I tried - even really powerfull ones like the Lehmann bcl; and I really wonder if you are really missing something...

Oct 14, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 6
I've had some Pro4AAT's for a couple years now. I got a Meier Arietta last week (my first amp) and I wasn't terribly impressed with the improvement. I ordered AKG K701 Friday so perhaps I will be able to do some comparison.

This better be it for a while, I hadn't really intended to drop $500 over two weeks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 6
hmm- has anybody gotten good results from these cans? many glowing user reviews on the web..

Oct 15, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 6
I've seen reviews from one head-fier who swears by the Pro4AAT and said he likes them better than 701. I can post some impressions if you want once I get them. PM me if I don't post anything this week.

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 6
trying to break them in- have had them running off a boombox for 48 hrs so far....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back