Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900?
Jun 12, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #362 of 391
I am currently running my th900 with Chord Mojo which is great but wouldnt mind adding a little more fullness to the sound. What is a good amp to achieve this? I could utilize the chord's dac if just a standalone amp.

If you want end game material, Mjolnir Audio Pure BiPolar. This will add new dimensions to your bass. This and the HeadAmp GS-X Mk2 tower over all other retail solid state headphone amps I know of. You'll need a balanced cable for the headphone, and a 3.5mm -> dual RCA cable for the Mojo with two female RCA to male XLR adapters.

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #372 of 391
Heya! i used to own the Fostex TH-900 mk2, at the time i used a Violectric HPA 200 amp with optional dac inside (see my sig), and it sounded great to me. loads of power for the Fostex, violectric makes fantastic amps!

Feb 13, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #374 of 391
yesterday I tried the ifi can pro and the ear hp4
I like the ifi in all valve mode
but the ear and fostex is a match made in heaven, the headphone scale up more than the utopia
another confirmation that for my taste these two headphone sounds better from a warm musical amplifier

Feb 13, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #375 of 391
I've never demod a pair of Utopias. i dont even personally know anyone that has a pair.
but will say, despite the comfort, the 900's are great great great! if i were you, i'd keep them forever. they're not a pair you can replace easily and they're very unique. sometimes i regret selling mine, but then i remember the headband and... yeah.. lol

Have you tried the 909s ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back