Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Sep 13, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,216 of 1,285
Hello everyone,

Can you please tell me,what would be a better amp for LCD3, Soloist,Oppo HA-1 or Audeze's own Deckard?

Thank you,

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #1,217 of 1,285
Hi,

For my LCD3, I use the below balanced amps -
1. Decware Taboo MK3 - Bedside connected to my AK240
2. Oppo HA-1 - For my office connected to my Mac Mini

Between the two, I feel more "involved" in the music with the MK3. It may be the tube glow :)

I can honestly say, it will come down to your personal preference.

Enjoy your LCD3.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #1,220 of 1,285
I switched to a DNA Stratus about 2 months ago (EML tubes). Very pleased with the way it matches up with the LCD-3F. Found it to be more detailed than the Eddie Current BA. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #1,222 of 1,285
I'm planning on getting a pair of LCD 3s and I currently only have a Schiit Valhalla. I know its not ideal since it is a OTL amp, but I plan on upgrading to a Mjolnir 2 in the future. Do you think it will be a big deal or will it be able to hold me over until I can upgrade? Thanks.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #1,223 of 1,285
  I'm planning on getting a pair of LCD 3s and I currently only have a Schiit Valhalla. I know its not ideal since it is a OTL amp, but I plan on upgrading to a Mjolnir 2 in the future. Do you think it will be a big deal or will it be able to hold me over until I can upgrade? Thanks.

No big deal IMO, especially if you planning to get a new LCD 3F they are 110 Ohm and will match quite well with an OTL amp. The older LCD 3 are probably an okay match as well (even if not perfect). 

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #1,224 of 1,285

No big deal IMO, especially if you planning to get a new LCD 3F they are 110 Ohm and will match quite well with an OTL amp. The older LCD 3 are probably an okay match as well (even if not perfect). 

Oh awesome that was the plan to get a pair of 3F's. Looks like now I have to pull the trigger on them. Cheers! 
o2smile.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #1,225 of 1,285
The Soloist and the LCD-3 are the perfect partners. I've been listening to this combo nightly for about 6 months now. When I go to headphone meets and listen to my Lcds on other expensive and otherwise amps,while still sounding great, they are missing the synergy that they have with the Soloist IMO. It seems several reviewers feel the same.

I have not heard the Oppo with them but I can say they sound great with the Deckard too.not Soloist great, but still good enough to mate well with the Lcds. My son owns the Deckard with the Fostex TH-900. The Fostex and the Deckard are a great combo. The Soloist and the Fostex not so good(dry and too kind of hardt sounding)

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,227 of 1,285
I've been pretty satisfied with my Asgard 2... but kind of have that upgrade itch. Been thinking I might try a balanced set up and was just curious on how people felt about going from single ended to balanced? Kinda thumbed through this thread, but didn't see any big discussion on it. Currently running an Asgard 2/Bifrost Uber.

I was looking at a Mjolnir I/II, Bryson BHA-1, Oppo HA-1, or a Cavalli Liquid Carbon (if I could get my hands on one that is...).

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #1,228 of 1,285
  I've been pretty satisfied with my Asgard 2... but kind of have that upgrade itch. Been thinking I might try a balanced set up and was just curious on how people felt about going from single ended to balanced? Kinda thumbed through this thread, but didn't see any big discussion on it. Currently running an Asgard 2/Bifrost Uber.

I was looking at a Mjolnir I/II, Bryson BHA-1, Oppo HA-1, or a Cavalli Liquid Carbon (if I could get my hands on one that is...).

I highly recommend the Bryson BHA-1...

Apr 12, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,230 of 1,285
Hi everyone, been stalking many threads on the forum but this is my first post (ever!)

Why now you may ask? It's because I'm kinda in a pinch right now.

Here is the rub, my current set up and daily drivers consist of the Schiit Modi/Magni Stack (both are 2 Uber) paired with the HD600, T50rp mk3, Beyerdynamic T90, Fostex TH-X00 ...and many more (mostly "mid-fi" gears, but ******* I'm such a hoarder LOL).

Everything has been going just fine then BAAMMM!!! An acquaintance offered to sell his LCD-3 (pre-Fazor) for a real discount price, and...you guessed it, I could not resist (because the LCD-3 retails for FREAKIN' OVER $3000 AUD here in Australia).

Okay, enough with my boring story, my main concern is that will my Schiit Stack be sufficient enough for the LCD-3 pre-Fazor, both in term of power and general performance?

I have seen many recommend the Burson Soloist, will it still pair well with the pre-Fazor LCD-3?

One last thing, I'm kinda a Schiit fan, and was planning to upgrade to the combo of Bifrost + Lyr 2 in a near future even if I had not got the LCD-3, should I still aim for this combo instead of the Soloist?

Which direction should I go? I really don't want to end up hoarding as many amp as I currently am with so many headphones haha

Pardon me for being so cumbersome, but I guess that's what happens when I "jumped the gun" so early (haha)

I appreciate any comment or feedback, 
Thank You.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back