1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by oqvist, Jun 4, 2010.
First

Back
575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584
586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595
Next

Last
  1. merrixk
    Hey Harry, thanks for the reply. Why did you end up choosing the MK2 over an alternative in its range? 

2. HarryWarner1

I went into addicted to audio, which is like an audio shop in Melbourne, and I listened to a few different amps with the 2's, that included the Jot, SL MK2, LYR2, + a friend of mine owns a $1500 questyle CMA 600i so I had a decent gauge of what I liked. the Questyle was the most transparent, the jot was the most fun, the Lyr was imo worse than the jot in terms of most areas bar total power output,  and the SL MK2 was also very transparent with my LCD-2, and considering the price difference between the 600i and the MK2 I found the Burson to be really good value.

EDIT: plus a2a offered to sell me their demo unit so I got a really good price on what I had already decided to buy at full price

3. WayTooCrazy
    Congrats... but lets go back to the Jot shall we? How did you like them with the LCD-2? I already have the Deckard... but for some reason, Balanced headphones keep calling me. So, if the Jot sounds as good as the Deckard and swings more power in balanced, then... I'm in.

4. HarryWarner1
    The Jot was a lot more 'fun' sounding with the 2's. I think because of the lcd-2's FR curve the burson would make it closer to neutral, where the Jot would do that less. So with the jot you essentially have what i'd almost call more of a v-shaped sound... but I don't actually think this is the case, that's just what I can compare it to in my mind, also another thing to note about the Jot is it can be fairly forgiving, I gave it some amazing recordings and then also stuff like Imagine by Lennon and it sounded pretty good.

I have at times wished I got the Jot, however for the majority of the music I listen to the Burson win's for me. What is your music genre preference?

5. WayTooCrazy
    Wonderful question... not 100% sure, but I like Diana Krall, St. Germain compilations (alot actually), some Folk, Smooth Jazz, R&B, some Pop. A mix in general (that is with the LCD). When I want EDM, Dub, Metal, Hair Metal, etc... I use the TH-X00 PH.

Actually... anyone with Tidal... do you listen to similar music? Do you have a playlist that you can share?

6. hawkward
    Has anyone managed to try the ALO PanAm with the LCD-2f? I just got the LCD-2f and I'm currently being offered a very good deal for it but am unsure of how the tubes would impact the sound. Any thoughts?

7. HarryWarner1

Haha, it seems like in an ideal world you'd have a mix between the two amps. Could you either listen to them both, or buy them both and return the one you don't prefer?

8. robtms
    Absolutely cosign the Phonitor. If you can afford it, it's an absolutely monster amp, and it's perfect with these cans.

9. WayTooCrazy
    Anyone find an amp that they like the pairing with, that are portable/transportable for these? I kind of like listening at different areas around the house, and 'am thinking that I'd like to pick up the Onkyo DP-X1. 

10. Blotto80
    It's been a while since I've paid much attention to the portable amps available but I once looked at the Ray Samuels SR71b and it was phenomenal. If you want something with a DAC, I hear the Chord Mojo is pretty good.

11. Dynasty62
    Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the Neve RNHP with the LCD2s?

12. WayTooCrazy
    Anyone try the Teac UD-503?
    ud-503-b_front.jpg

13. ripwallet
    Looking to buy a more suitable amp for my LCD-2s. Currently using a Valhalla2 with my HD650s. Any recommendations for an amp that will suit the needs for both the HD650s and the LCD-2s. I'm leaning towards Lyr 2 or the Vali 2.

14. Odin412

The Vali 2 works well - and you can change the sound slightly by trying other tubes. Depending on your budget I would also recommend taking a look at the Cavalli Liquid Carbon - it's one of my favorite combos with the LCD-2s.

15. WayTooCrazy
    I did not like the Vali 2 with the LCD-2f. I had the stock tube and the BEL E88CC upgraded tube. They sounded good on everything I had, except the Audeze EL-8O and even worse on the LCD-2f. I sold it off and picked up the Deckard which sounds much better with the LCD-2f to my ears. I felt the Vali2 slowed the LCD-2f down more than it needed and made them seem bloated. 

First

Back
575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584
586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595
Next

Last