Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Mar 9, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #8,551 of 9,207
  Looks like I made the right decision. I ordered the clearance Soloist SL mkI direct from Burson a few days ago. Can't wait for it to arrive! 

Let me know how it goes for you.  I have the LCD-X and didn't care for the Soloist SL match.  From what I understand the Soloist is quite different from the SL however.  At any rate I returned the SL and eventually would up with the Woo Amp which I love.  Good luck!

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #8,552 of 9,207

Let me know how it goes for you.  I have the LCD-X and didn't care for the Soloist SL match.  From what I understand the Soloist is quite different from the SL however.  At any rate I returned the SL and eventually would up with the Woo Amp which I love.  Good luck!

IIRC  the Soloist SL uses the same design philosophy and very similar topology as the Soloist except with "downsized" transformers and other components. 

I paired my SL Mk2 with the LCD-2 and it drove them effortlessly. Haven't heard the LCD-X.

Mar 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #8,554 of 9,207

I found that the LCD-X paired better with the BHA-1...

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #8,556 of 9,207
I'm saving up for LCD-2s. Due to their cost and my budget, I'll have limited funds to spend on an Amp (and maybe a DAC). I need something that will drive them well for under $300. Based on my research, some options I've seen are:

Schiit Asgard 2
Schiit Magni/Modi stack
JDS Labs O2/ODAC
OPPO HA-2
Little Dot MK III
DarkVoice 336SE
FiiO E12

Which would you recommend? Are there better options in this price range?

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #8,557 of 9,207
I've done some serious listening with the LCD-2/O2 pairing and found them to be a musical combo.  It's not something you'll want to stick with in the long term if you have the cheddar for improvements, but if you're budget minded and want bang/buck the O2 is your unit.

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #8,558 of 9,207
  I'm saving up for LCD-2s. Due to their cost and my budget, I'll have limited funds to spend on an Amp (and maybe a DAC). I need something that will drive them well for under $300. Based on my research, some options I've seen are:

Schiit Asgard 2
Schiit Magni/Modi stack
JDS Labs O2/ODAC
OPPO HA-2
Little Dot MK III
DarkVoice 336SE
FiiO E12

Which would you recommend? Are there better options in this price range?

Thanks!

Get an Amp/DAC.  The Mojo is the best there is under $1500 and it is only $600.

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #8,559 of 9,207
Hi,

I just caught a whiff of the upgrade bug :) I have the LCD-2 with a M1 DAC and the M1HPA and I'm looking into at least upgrading the amp. Is the Violectric V200 one of the better choices out there? Appreciate any input! 

Thanks!

Mar 12, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #8,563 of 9,207
Yeah it's all subjective :D

Arranged after price as well. I'm looking not spend more than 1000usd, I guess the question is if the V200 is still relevant now? It was launched in 2010 I think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back