Amp questions for use with SR80/125 or MS-1s - Where does each one rank?
Jul 6, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #31 of 33
So, Karma line out in dock > Karma headphone out and when using line out in dock with an amp, you put volume around max (~27-29 out of 30). What concerns me is that something might be wrong with the dock's sound quality. I tried hooking it up to my stereo the other day through the inputs on the back of my stereo's amp (Tried all the inputs, initially tried "phono") and it seemed like the volume was being outputted too loud (The EQ bar graph was maxed out and everything sounded distorted). I tried putting my Karma's volume all the way down and then lowering the EQ on my stereo too, but the sound remained to be distorted. When I tried using the dock's line out through my TV's RCA in, everything was fine. Could the same happen when I try it with a high quality headphone amp?

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #32 of 33
BUMP -- What's that Elpac 24V AC Adapter that everybody uses? I remember reading about it with Norm's amps when he used to have headsave, but I can't find out which one is supposed to be THE Elpac adapter. Some look huge, some are normal sized, some seem to have a plastic "grill" of some sort. Which one is the best?

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #33 of 33
Don't stop bumping until you learn everything
tongue.gif

There are lots and lots of questions when it comes to buying an amp, this is probably the best place to learn, but you'll have to search and search and search because all the info you're looking for is going to be scattered all around everywhere. There really isn't one place to learn about everything, gonna just have to ask a lot of questions.

There's still A LOT i don't know about headphone amps myself, but i still want to get another one, sooner or later...probably later since i need to buy other things now. I am always checking the buy/sell/trade forum here though anyways, i'm looking for an amp around the same price range as you are, and there is no clear choice, that's for sure. Lots to choose from, lots of questions and uncertainties. Usually the only way you'll really find if an amp is for you is by listening to it, and unfortunately that's not possible to do without buying it, unless you know some people.

Anyways, the 24 Elpac's model number (or whatever it is) is WM080.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back