amp plugged into USB DAC amp = ?
Sep 14, 2009 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

norfolkNchance

Head-Fier
Hello all

I am just about to purchase a P51, thanks to all the glowing reviews on these forums. However, I want to run it as a DAC. Obviously, it isn't one, so I have a question:

Will running a DAC (in my case, a total bithead) on my computer as the sound card, then plugging in a portable amp (P51 in my case), sound only as good as the DAC?

Thanking you!

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 2

techenvy

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by norfolkNchance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello all

I am just about to purchase a P51, thanks to all the glowing reviews on these forums. However, I want to run it as a DAC. Obviously, it isn't one, so I have a question:

Will running a DAC (in my case, a total bithead) on my computer as the sound card, then plugging in a portable amp (P51 in my case), sound only as good as the DAC?

Thanking you!

that is a good question, id like a hard dac with actual optical output and not just "thru" --and my question is will the dac, in my case my dir800c pioneer dolby headphone recieve, pass the dolby headphone tech through, obviously it wont amp up the signal thru ,
i was consider ing getting the 2000 base station reciever by pioneer, after reading the bad reviews on it being week, but if you preamp it who knows

Users who are viewing this thread