Amp or Sound card for sennhieser HD 429 ?
Jan 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dinesh29888

New Head-Fier
I got a new Sennhieser HD 429 headphones to use with my pc to specially watch movies late night without any disturbance to my parents next room. But the problem is that the headphones is not sounding as loud as I wanted. It's giving me good & loud sound when I connect it to my iPhone ... But when I connect it to the PC it's like some china headphones .... My motherboard is a "Asus P5QPL-AM" and I am using the onboard Realtek sound card ....
Now I need to get the best of my Sennhieser headphones with my pc & what should be done ? A Headphone Amp or a Sound card ? Which one should I get and also the model no and also the pricing if possible .... Budget is strictly limited to 5K not more than that .... But after the amp or Sound card i should feel the difference.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I got a new Sennhieser HD 429 headphones to use with my pc to specially watch movies late night without any disturbance to my parents next room. But the problem is that the headphones is not sounding as loud as I wanted. It's giving me good & loud sound when I connect it to my iPhone ... But when I connect it to the PC it's like some china headphones .... My motherboard is a "Asus P5QPL-AM" and I am using the onboard Realtek sound card ....
Now I need to get the best of my Sennhieser headphones with my pc & what should be done ? A Headphone Amp or a Sound card ? Which one should I get and also the model no and also the pricing if possible .... Budget is strictly limited to 5K not more than that .... But after the amp or Sound card i should feel the difference.

Heya,

Make sure your system volume in windows is 100%. Then adjust volume in VLC from there. You should not have to buy anything for this. The HD429 is very efficient and can be powered by a potato. It's just a matter of getting your system's audio settings correct. If you can't figure it out and you're still having issues, get a $30 Asus Xonar DG soundcard or a simple Fiio E10 usb dac/amp.

Very best,

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 6
I had the same problem with the Hd 429. Not enough volume with my pc or my mobile phone (galaxy SII).  I bought a Fiio E07K which is a usb DAC/AMP. It definitely improve the sound and volume of the headphones. 

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 6
A chinese tell you,our headphones are loud enough..
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back