1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Amp options for console gaming headset

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by mrhanky5555, Jan 2, 2019.
  1. mrhanky5555
    I’m currently using dt990’s on my Xbox. When connected to the controller adapter I have no issues using the mic and hearing game chat with teammates in gameplay but the headphones suffer. If I plug the headphones into my Yamaha RX-A710 receiver, the headphones sound great but for some reason the mic doesn’t and I can’t hear teammates. The mic stays plugged into the the mic in on the controller. Is there a good portable amp option or settings I can mess with to get gamechat while plugged into the reciever?

2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Is the Xbox connected to the Yamaha using HDMI or S/PDIF (optical/coaxial)?
    What exactly is this controller adapter?

3. mrhanky5555
    The Xbox is connected to the reciever through hdmi. I bought an adapter for the controller and a Y connector attached to it so I can plug in the headphones and modmic.

4. PurpleAngel Contributor
    When just connecting the mic to the controller, is the Y adapter still used?

5. mrhanky5555
    Yes

6. mrhanky5555
    Ok so i unplugged the mic and the adapter and I can now hear teammates through the headset hooked up to the reciever. But I still can’t chat