Amp for Sennheiser HD428
Aug 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 15
Aug 30, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 15
Okay. I am burning in my HD438 because the 428s are all sold out and i don't want to go back empty-handed so I pop a 438 into mah bag. I feel like...overall, there are distortion and the music it's quite "rough". Mids are a little overshadowed by the bass. Anything to solve this? EQing? But I don't know how to EQ properly. Will always end up with undesirable sounds.

Let's just say that the rough part...I don't quite know how to xP ain't it but it isn't like...CLEAN. Ugh...hope u get what I mean

Aug 30, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 15
Well if you are using the amp with your phone, don't. Unless its the iPhone or a nokia, I don't think it will work with an amp (headphone jacks are connected to the internal amp, if you use an amp with the jack you with amp the signal again, the SQ with not increase with that). Rough? what kind of music files are you using? To EQ, I presume that you are using itunes. Turn the Pre-amp part down all the way and increase or decrease what ever section it is you wish to change.  If you think the bass is still too much, return it and get the HD448? I hear they are less bassy

Aug 30, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #9 of 15
For burning in, I'm using white noise and pink noise plus a playlist of songs. And I'm using android, not possible to EQ? I have e preamp option too. And the problem is...because the product is not a defect product, I can't change it...Rough as in, the somewhat distorted bass are bleeding into the mids

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #12 of 15
Well if you don't like the bass on the HD438, and EQ doesn't help. You should just go for another headphone. No point trying an amp, since the HD438 isn't super hard to drive. There is a mod for the HD438, I'll go dig it up

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #14 of 15
I saw that thread. And I have absolutely no confidence in modding my HD438 yet. I am the better-be-safe-than-sorry type. I will do it once I got bored of the can. I am hearing improvement in the sound quality after a while of burning in, not even 10 hrs though. I think it's just psychological problemslol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back