Amp for Etymotic ER4P
Jan 7, 2011 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

KentoArsenal

New Head-Fier
Hi guys! I am new here! I am thinking of getting an amp for my er4p. I can't decide on either getting cmoybb from jds labs or pa2v2 from Gary. I've done some research and founded out that pa2v2 is cheaper and better (?) than cmoybb. I'm still a stundent and my budget is around US$100. Do I have to convert the er4p to er4s in order for it to work? All I want is a little more bass so I'm getting the amp. Any other good amps around the $100 price? Please advice. Thanks. Oh and btw my source is my iPhone 3GS, Bose companion 5 or my IPod nano 4th gen.

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 31
I have ER4P's, and both amps you mentioned in your post. I prefer the JDS Labs Cmoy over the pa2v2 with ER4's if you are using a resistor (P to S conversion). I bought my resistor off of EBay for about $10.00. 
The JDS Labs amplifier seems to provide more detail to my ears. The bass boost is also handy when you run into material that is lacking in bass or just dead sounding.
Without the resistor, I think I would give the nod to the pa2v2.
The 75 ohm resistor really does take the ER4P's to the next level though and is well worth it for either amp.

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #7 of 31
I use the Fiio E7 DAC function with my ER4P. The amp section doesnt make too big of a difference for you to bring around with you. Bass boost function is nice but I find the original bass sufficient.

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #8 of 31
I heard Fiio is rubbish as it hisses while using. If I can get the resistor cheap, I'll get the cmoybb. If not, I'll get the pa2v2. But other threads states that pa2v2 is better. So now I'm confused.

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #10 of 31

...Thats not true, where did you hear that?
Quote:
I heard Fiio is rubbish as it hisses while using. If I can get the resistor cheap, I'll get the cmoybb. If not, I'll get the pa2v2. But other threads states that pa2v2 is better. So now I'm confused.

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #12 of 31
Oh, sorry I didn't see your source listed...if you're using the computer, then E7 is great, otherwise I dont actually see a difference in sound...at least not a huge one.

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #14 of 31
Sorry, I don't do DIY stuff :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back