amp for beats by dre pros
Mar 9, 2011 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

hqmusik10

New Head-Fier
im totally new to this amp thing. i tried to research but i still dont get it. im willing to spend about 60-80 dollars on a decent amplifier for my beats by dr dre pro. can someone recommend me a good amplifier? thanks

Mar 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 21
Used Fiio E7.....

Mar 11, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 21
I thought none of them have a built-in amp the studio are just active noise canceling and the pros don't require batteries at all. Sounds like a valid question from the OP to me. Considering Monster doesn't publish the impedance is it really known whether they need an amp?

Mar 11, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 21
FWICR on a headwize article, there was a mention of noise-canceling headphones have active circuits that already amplify the signal-an that additional amplification is usually not needed.  Also, impedance can be a poor indicator on whether or not a headphone needs amplification unless it's extraordinarily high - say 600, but then it's clear that you need amplification for simple gain.  On the other end of the spectrum, the older DT48's around <20 ohms and are notoriously hard to drive...hopefully someone can chime in and let the OP know if it'll help?  Dunno~ if you feel you're missing something you should elaborate, but I can expect another member recommending you to buy new headphones.

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #7 of 21
yes, i can recomend, for that price, maybe you are very lucky to fiind a buyies for your beats, and get some serious headphones, some sennheiser hd 380, or if you will get enought money, ath m50, i don;t know, shure srh 840?... 

anything else.... once i wanted to get beats, no, they are something like the worst thing to be paid for....

i expect that you will get the same opinion by anyone in here....

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #9 of 21
The Monster Beats studio is the version with active noise cancellation.  The Pros are the top of line model that, from what I've read, actually sound pretty good and would benefit from quality amplification.  Here are few amplifier suggestions for ya:

Fiio's E7(portable), E9(desktop home use)

iBasso T3, D4, D6

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #10 of 21
how. Digital pride, you are able to say that anything that is from beats, name it pro or studio, can be actually good?....
at their price i mean....
they are not bad listening, like what i can buy for 1$ from some chinese illegal importator, but they are the most overpriced things in the whole world.... (ok, maybe not as overpriced as gold.... and diamants.... but they have the 3rd place)...

and, from what i read JVC HA-RX700 are very good for their price..... good cheap recomandations, bop....

as a question, i cannot really dig this, but for what price are being selled grado sr 60 and 80?....
in my country they are like 160$ - 180$.... they worth, or not?...

Mar 13, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #11 of 21

Quote:
how. Digital pride, you are able to say that anything that is from beats, name it pro or studio, can be actually good?....
at their price i mean....
they are not bad listening, like what i can buy for 1$ from some chinese illegal importator, but they are the most overpriced things in the whole world.... (ok, maybe not as overpriced as gold.... and diamants.... but they have the 3rd place)...

and, from what i read JVC HA-RX700 are very good for their price..... good cheap recomandations, bop....

as a question, i cannot really dig this, but for what price are being selled grado sr 60 and 80?....
in my country they are like 160$ - 180$.... they worth, or not?...

You are correct in stating the Beats line is quite overpriced in relation to the sound and quality you get.  However the OP has already purchased the Pro version, so I simply answered his(or her) question.  Remember he(or she) only asked about possible amps that could be used with the Pros, and not "are there better options than Beats".  So, let's not turn this into a bash Beats-a-thon(though I can see how that can be tempting).  Though I must say it is amazing that the Pros are about the same price as the HD650(!) and even more expensive than the D2000(wow!).

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #13 of 21
Very true, can't argue against that!
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #14 of 21
If your any good with a soldering iron you can consider building one yourself.
But that probably requires more knowledge of amps than simply buying one out of the box, and from what I understood the OP doesn't have a lot of experience with amps.

Can save you a lot of money on the other hand, a cmoy with good parts and some op-rolling can give you a lot of bang for your buck. (apart from the fact that it's fun to make)

Also where do you live? A lot of amps already have $40-50shipping costs leaving you almost no money at all for the actual amp with your budget.
Maybe you should increase your budget and get something really nice, I think your headphones will definitely benefit from it.

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #15 of 21

Quote:
 I simply answered his(or her) question.  

The problem is, you answered their question ...
Quote:
The Monster Beats studio is the version with active noise cancellation.  The Pros are the top of line model that, from what I've read, actually sound pretty good and would benefit from quality amplification.  Here are few amplifier suggestions for ya:

Fiio's E7(portable), E9(desktop home use)

iBasso T3, D4, D6

... from hearsay, not actual knowledge.  Beyond that, encouraging someone to try and improve on rubbish is encouraging them to waste their money.  The correct answer, IMO, is that it is not worth wasting money on trying to fix a poor pair of headphones by buying an amp. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back