Amp for an Hd600
Feb 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #16 of 23
Zero dac + Little dot III?
smily_headphones1.gif

Then you could sell your EMU if you want.

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #17 of 23
The LD range of amps are great with the HD600s. So too are the DARKVOICE amps. I'm one of the few who own a FIGARO and it's a great little amp, and carries on the DV reputation of sounding excellent with SENNHEISER headphones. It grabs them by the scruff of the neck and gives them a good thrashing. One problem: the 110v versions have been delayed for a long time now, due to technical reasons.

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #18 of 23
I have always found the Corda HA-2 MkII to be a great match with the HD 600. To be found on the for-sale forum with a bit of luck.

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #19 of 23
Have you considered the Gilmore Lite? If you're looking for treble extension and tight bass, that's the best I've listened to short of the Zana. The M^3 and CK2III are pretty good, too, but the GLite has nice synergy with Senns. It may not have glowing tubes, but the sound makes up for it.

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysoberyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to spend more than 400$.I have to add that I'm a bit skeptical about the differences in sound quality that I'm supposedly going to experience...maybe my ears are already destroyed by hours of rehearsals and concerts,but for example,I don't find the EMU 0404 better sounding than the xfi,much against the general opinion.Different,yes.

Quote:

Also,I don't know whether to choose tubes or solid state.I value a good feeling of space and openness the most,then a good treble extension,and last,and maybe least,a powerful bass.

Considering everything you have said here, I would still recommend the Little-Dot MKIII. The folks over in the MKIII tube rolling thread have said some amazing things about it's abilities and strengths. What you may not know is that Little-Dot has just completed the new MK series lineup and all their amps are newly designed. Tube rolling options have been expanded greatly so you can tailor the sound to your liking. The design and build quality are exceptional and their customer service is one of the best out there. A MKIII would save you a substantial amount of cash, and that is always good!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #21 of 23
Nobody recommends the MkIV? I assume it must be better than the MkIII at least in some areas,am I right?

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Nobody recommends the MkIV? I assume it must be better than the MkIII at least in some areas,am I right?

Yes, you are correct. I guess I didn't realize that you wouldn't mind spending the extra. The MKIV and MKIVse are really great amps! Think bigger, better components, better amp design (OTL), GOLD bling rings, and tons of power.
biggrin.gif
While the MKIV standard has more tube rolling options, like the MKIII does, the MKIVse has additional upgraded components for that last little bit of improvement. You could NOT go wrong with either one, and if you have the extra cash to spend, the MKIVse IS the amp to get.

Of all my amps, my MKIVse is the only top of the line single ended tube amp I will ever need. I'm not even sure I want to go "balanced", as I am way more than satisfied with the MKIVse. Those might be famous last words, but the MKIVse impacts a person at such a high level, you may not want to have anything else.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back