Amp diagnosis + repair?
Dec 22, 2021 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Neccros

100+ Head-Fier
My PC listening setup consists of a JDS Labs ODAC/O2 w/ RCAs out to a Topping TP-60 amp running my speakers.

Lately I been experiencing some issues with the volume. I could sit and be listening for a few hours then once in a while, the volume fades out of mostly the left channel until I grab the volume and move it then it comes back on balances as it should.

Does anyone know of a amp repair shop I can talk to or have them look at it/repair it? Im in LA but not sure whos does amp repair.

Or if any of you do amp repair let me know.

I want to fix this amp because I like the size and it works for my desk setup

Thanks

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #6 of 8
I had a similar thing with a 789--volume would shift from one ear to the other unless it was at max. Years ago, I had a car amp short (tech is different but similar concepts), and a regular electronics repair guy fixed it. I would guess that anyone that services HT Receivers would be able to diagnose and fix it.

Feb 4, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 8
I had a similar thing with a 789--volume would shift from one ear to the other unless it was at max. Years ago, I had a car amp short (tech is different but similar concepts), and a regular electronics repair guy fixed it. I would guess that anyone that services HT Receivers would be able to diagnose and fix it.
Yeah I wish I could find someone... One place stuck their nose up at me saying basically my amp was too cheap for them to service... Whatever... Yeah I can use it for hours to days w/o issue then all of a sudden it fades, just faded from, right to left this time, then I move the knob and it goes back to normal....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back