Amp/DAC for HD598 $200
Dec 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wtrimble

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

New member here and am trying to get into the headphone world. I currently have the HD598s on order and am looking for an amp and possibly a dac combination to power the hp.

I've been following the Schiite Valli discussion and am not sure what to think about it. A lot of of discussion going on over there that's wary of topic. I am intrigued with a tube amp though.

I'll primarily be playing music from my pc via JRiver and theFLAC files I have stored on there. Though I would also like to use a mp3 player or my phone as a source as well. The soundcard in my pc is part of the motherboard and don't imagine it to be that good.

I have about$250 to spend. Can you recommend me an amp and or dac in this range. I don't mind getting an amp now and saving for a dac in the future if it's needed. Sorry for any details I left out.

A big plus one would be an amp I could use as a preamp for powered speakers on my desk.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 6
Dec 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking for something that I could plug an Android phone into as well (HTC One). Are the Fiio amps a good option?

I own two Fiio amps (E6, E11) both have worked fine.

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 6
If you have the money, consider the Nuforce Icon Dac. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back