Amp / Dac for HD 650
Dec 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jojinkho

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I bought Sennheiser HD650. Currently, my DAC / AMP is Fiio E10, but I want to upgrade. I was reading about Audio-GD, that they offer the best SQ - money ratio.

I was thinking about NFB-11.32 or Compass 2 with Sabre. Will NFB-11.32 drive my HD650 properly? And is there much of a difference between Compass 2 and NFB-11.32 in SQ? Because Compass is nearly twice as expensive.

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 4
If you don't mind a great value/price ratio and would be willing to try DIY with tubes, check out the Bottlehead Crack amplifier.  Many positive results with HD-600s and HD-650s.

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank's for response, I was thinking about Crack, although I would prefer something assembled.

So maybe I will buy Crack, is it necessary to pair it with DAC, or it will sound good on it's own?

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 4
  Thank's for response, I was thinking about Crack, although I would prefer something assembled.

So maybe I will buy Crack, is it necessary to pair it with DAC, or it will sound good on it's own?

The Bottlehead Crack is simply an amplifier, unlike your Fiio E10, which is a combo.  In that case, I'm sure you are aware you will need a converter of some type, which means you will need a dedicated DAC or accomplish this with your source.

If you're getting serious into audio, and by serious I mean dropping a few hundreds, it's worth investing in a dedicated DAC or a combo as mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back