Amp + DAC for Beyerdynamic DT150?
May 29, 2011 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Valenciente

New Head-Fier
Greetings!

I've been lurking around Head-Fi for a while now, trying to figure out as much as I could, but this is my first time posting anything.

I've never owned a pair of headphones more expensive than my current Sony MDR-XD200 (~£50), and have for a while now been longing for something better. After reading up on a lot of threads on the forum, I decided that the Beyerdynamic DT150 seemed like a good solid choice. Not that I have much experience in audio equipment of any sort; so if you have any suggestions that you think might be better, I'd of course appreciate that aswell.

(I listen to all sorts of metal, 80's rock, electronica, dubstep and some classical music when I feel like it. I like nice solid bass, but prefer that it doesn't drown out everything else, though that's less of an issue pertaining to dubstep I guess)

Now for what I intended this thread to be. As the DT150's have 250 Ohms impendence, I figure (from what I've read) that I'll enjoy them much more with an external amp and DAC. I read around on the forum and the FiiO E7 + E9 combo seems like a pretty good choice. Might anyone have some experience using these along with the DT150's?

I've also spotted the headphone amps with tubes, which I'm quite interested in. I'm finding it somewhat difficult to understand how the whole tube thing works (tube rolling, etc.), but if anyone has any experience with tube amps along with the DT150's, I'd love some recommendations for that aswell (Along with some DAC)

My budget is £250 (Not including the DT150's of course)

Any help at all would be appreciated a lot, thanks! :D

Best regards, Mickey

P.S. I'm located in Denmark (EU), so ordering from outside EU will be 25-50% extra in taxes (afaik), which is bad D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back