Amp/DAC Combo or Dedicated Amp, under $150
Jan 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

i14dc

New Head-Fier
Using RE0 with an Ipod Touch, would an amp/dac combo like the D-Zero, sound better than a dedicated amp like the cMoyBB using a line out dock? I'd like a better sound quality overall.

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Well you can only use a DAC if you have a digital connection and the iTouch does not have a digital output.  There are a FEW devices that can pull digital off iDevices but they have to be specifically made for that and you'll know it if they do.  A DAC/AMP will still give you more convinience and will probably improve your sound when hooked to a computer. I'm not familiar with IBasso products but the E17 will be release within the next couple days and it's what I'd look for in that range.  There's a lot of different CMOY's so it's hard to tell.

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 4
The fiio e7 and iBasso D-Zero are both great and the e17 is coming out soon too. since you have an ipod ouch that means you dont have rockbox and are stuck with apples **** EQ and the fiio e7 and e17 have EQ's built in, the ibasso doesnt but it has better build quality and is slimmer.

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
The fiio e7 and iBasso D-Zero are both great and the e17 is coming out soon too. since you have an ipod ouch that means you dont have rockbox and are stuck with apples **** EQ and the fiio e7 and e17 have EQ's built in, the ibasso doesnt but it has better build quality and is slimmer.

Look up an app called "Equalizer" from the app store. It's a no mucking round dedicated EQ with flexible options. You won't need to deal with the original players EQ also have an overall boost in SQ. I discovered this app a few weeks ago, you will notice a huge difference both in SQ and flexiable adjustments. Best thing I could of done for my touch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back