Amp + DAC combo for LCD-2 on a $600 budget?
Nov 11, 2014 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FatEskimo

New Head-Fier
Title says it all. Getting a new audio setup for my new PC build and I'll be getting the LDC-2s. I have $600 (I can go a little above but not too much) for amp and DAC. What would take the best advantage of these cans for the price?

If it matters I listen to a lot of fast rock/metal, rap, and EDM. I also like to be really analytical and hear all the parts of the music.

If I find a Schiit Mjolnir for around $600 should I just buy that and use my PC's onboard audio (not that bad actually) until I can buy an ODAC or something?

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 5
That's one option... I'd personally go for the Audio-GD NFB-11 for a powerful, neutral, detailed, and slightly smooth sound. If you plan on just using digital inputs, that's going to be hard to beat at any price. The rest of the money could go back into your computer. Diminishing returns on source gear hits really hard!

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 5
  That's one option... I'd personally go for the Audio-GD NFB-11 for a powerful, neutral, detailed, and slightly smooth sound. If you plan on just using digital inputs, that's going to be hard to beat at any price. The rest of the money could go back into your computer. Diminishing returns on source gear hits really hard!

I agree

if you need something Portable, try the iBasso DB2 an PB2 

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #4 of 5

So just get that with no DAC (or at least until I can get an ODAC)?

I agree

if you need something Portable, try the iBasso DB2 an PB2 

This won't be a portable setup. Strictly at-home with these LCD-2s. My portable setup (and currently my main) is a pair of Allen & Heath Xone XD2-53's + Fiio E11. One of the best DJ headphones around, actually. Not very well known though.

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #5 of 5
The NFB-11 is a DAC/amp combo. It only has digital inputs. If you also want analog inputs, then the Compass 2 from Audio-gd is the most equivalent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back