amirm's request of testing the ability to discern the sound of different wire.
Apr 11, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #94 of 102
When will you post results? All of this thread so far is just noise and argument. Let’s see the results of this circus sideshow study. You don’t need a fancy DAP.

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #95 of 102
When will you post results? All of this thread so far is just noise and argument. Let’s see the results of this circus sideshow study. You don’t need a fancy DAP.

My Adroid does bomb out a lot, UAPP is having a tough time getting SAF/ OTG to work. It is the only app that give 24/96 on my Moto z. Plus I do not have a preamp / player the can provide sufficient volume for my home system replacement. Devorce is a stressful thing. Waiting 10 weeks to make a source decision is my best option. The settlement relocation do not foster my lestening passion in the short while. I want the discernment test to go well, me, with Amirm's help will triumph! The SS DIY division has a long history...
HIBY in the only DSD player to work with external SD but no OTG AND UAPP bombs out now on both formats. UAPP IS the top tier player by far.

My current project
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/a-krk-woody-tower-fun.876953/

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #99 of 102
Apr 17, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #100 of 102
Lest any think I have retreated, quite the contrary.
ferrofluid, Jon Risch's bi wiring advice & what not is at work getting my necessary downsized showcase system ready for the DAP demo.

https://www.head-fi.org/search/8582304/?q=t=post&o=date&c[thread]=876953
Ahh but the divorce is now front seat, relocation, selling off possessions, selling house etc....

NB
I must build my mini towers this week. The settlement should take about as long as it takes the DP to arrive, about 10 more weeks. Then the review of the DAP. Finally the final ABX in NH once i am settled.
Note the towers are phenomenally good. They are beyond the Sony pyramids in the mid & upper range and mated to the DAP, bi Amped & fully balanced w/ 1 : 2 passive transformer gain.
I may nit have time to swap & tweak the opamps for a long wile.
I say this too because comfort and natural approach is key to the dicernment needed here. "Cans" just do not let me be unencumbered. It was a full system in which I noticed the wire anomalies 24 years ago.

This big "monkey wrench " needs to be handled first.
Now once my towers are done then a may speed up the ABX.

To open up a big connection I notice, my .1% study is something I may remain In LA to find at the Times. Yet I contend that:
Its claims seem to me to be born out right here at headfi. There is a large majority if "snake oil " advocates being the 99 or so % majority.
Then the DIY divisions where these science die hards are rejected. These divisions showcase just what I would expect of the .1%. They are also exclusively male!
I may end up being satisfied at this conclusion of mine, ace the ABX wire test as proof enough for me, and join the freeks!

All this I have noticed from my teen years and numerious club/ Extravaganzs showing off each freeks equipment. The freeks always stole the spotlight to the scoffing for the maiority....

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #101 of 102
How do things change so quickly?
Due of probation from the SS forum, I was lucky to find a pair of 208 studio 6.5 " CBS version, monitors,
Several Meizu 6 players , 2 maxed out Apple computers, a G5 & a Mac Pro (sparing no opjtions) .

So cheers to all. I see NO way that this project will not being completed in a way that SHOULD satisfy all critics.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #102 of 102
So how will the cables be swapped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back