amirm's request of testing the ability to discern the sound of different wire.
Apr 2, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #17 of 102
Note the date of the above post.
April fools?
I don't get it.

I did make what I meant to be testimony about my being out of audiophile concerns for a long time & it was obviously a over reach on my part to leave out "my". My next post is verification of my own abilities & the previous about being disappointed that I could only muster 12 K hz ability.
Testimony in just a common word meaning from experience.
No bible or religion is denoted at all.
A reviewer is giving testimony about a product!
Yes I do use quaint english sometimes...

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #18 of 102
You say you believe I'm out of my league but how, when you have absolutely no idea what my league is?
You should then identify your "league" including how many blind tests of cables you have run, their protocols, any engineering design experience you may have, etc. Otherwise you are an anonymous poster online and despite being prolific here, doesn't proffer you special privileges.

Really, OP is trying to conduct a blind test which we ask everyone to do. Can you not try to disturb the flow of that and see if we get some place???

Apr 2, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #19 of 102
You should then identify your "league" including how many blind tests of cables you have run, their protocols, any engineering design experience you may have, etc. Otherwise you are an anonymous poster online and despite being prolific here, doesn't proffer you special privileges.

Really, OP is trying to conduct a blind test which we ask everyone to do. Can you not try to disturb the flow of that and see if we get some place???
Ok I will post all the details. I simply copy what Kimber does basically.

Apr 3, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #20 of 102
[1] You should then identify your "league"
[2] including how many blind tests of cables you have run, their protocols, [2a] any engineering design experience you may have, etc.
[3] Otherwise you are an anonymous poster online and despite being prolific here, doesn't proffer you special privileges.
[4] Really, OP is trying to conduct a blind test which we ask everyone to do. Can you not try to disturb the flow of that and see if we get some place???

1. I'm not about to post my CV here. Castleofargh knows some of my history; the world class artists I've worked with, the world class venues and studios and my some of my experience designing courses and lecturing at university but not so much about my consultation with some of the top pro audio manufacturers and the (UK) government.

2. I've only done a couple of double blind tests of cables over the years and that's because measurements I've made (loop-back recordings, null tested) dictate any listening test would be pointless, as differences are way below audibility.
2a. I've already stated I do not have any direct engineering design experience, just plenty of experience as an advanced professional user of pro audio equipment.

3. You are missing the point! My "league" or the "league" of the quoted "famous" audiophile designer is irrelevant, the actual facts are what is relevant here!

4. It's good that the OP has agreed to conduct a blind test, but the flow is being "disturbed" by the OP himself, quoting inaccurate statements as fact, which goes against the reason this forum exists and also, doesn't bode well for the elimination of biases in his test!

G

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #22 of 102
April fools?
I don't get it.
It's about using Jon Risch as a technical reference.

Some good technical references would be:
Keith Armstrong
Jim Brown
Neil Muncy (RIP)
Ralph Morrison
Henry Ott
Bill Whitlock

and Steve Lampen over at Belden Cable. He has two books on audio/video cables.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #23 of 102

Amirm, you *need* to stop holding so much water for crack pot nonsense. You know this well is poisoned and yet you want him to continue to confirm his bias? We already know how this is going to work out. You can't do a blind test (especially of cables) by yourself!

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #24 of 102
It's about using Jon Risch as a technical reference.

Some good technical references would be:
Keith Armstrong
Jim Brown
Neil Muncy (RIP)
Ralph Morrison
Henry Ott
Bill Whitlock

and Steve Lampen over at Belden Cable. He has two books on audio/video cables.
I neglected to include some crucial bio info on myself, I may help critics accept Jon's inspiration in my investigations...

Post 3
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ami...sound-of-different-wire.876033/#post-14142288

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #26 of 102
Amirm, you *need* to stop holding so much water for crack pot nonsense. You know this well is poisoned and yet you want him to continue to confirm his bias? We already know how this is going to work out. You can't do a blind test (especially of cables) by yourself!
Sir now is your opportunity to address all your concerns, be very specific, please address me directly. It is my thread!

Thank you kind Sir. I will apply your suggestions, gladly.

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #28 of 102
I fear that Jon has lead you astray.
So this test will show I cannot ID the silver strand, so be it!
I am here for 2 reasons, 1) find the original hearing study, 2) share my knowledge of music , tweaks & equipment.
This is a side show I NEVER ANTICIPATED. Failure is fine by me. It is challenging & I love it.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #29 of 102
So this test will show I cannot ID the silver strand, so be it!
For a unbalanced RCA interconnect, from a sound point of view. The center conductor of the coax could be copper, silver, gold, aluminum, steel or tin they will all sound the same.
Now with some of these materials there will be all kinds of mechanical and availability issues.

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #30 of 102
For a unbalanced RCA interconnect, from a sound point of view. The center conductor of the coax could be copper, silver, gold, aluminum, steel or tin they will all sound the same.
Now with some of these materials there will be all kinds of mechanical and availability issues.
It is only Kimber TC4 that I am using & another one with a lone industrial standard non OFC yet teflon jacketed. I have all figured out, do not criticize in a general way, do so please at any post you think needs a detail corrected to make the test valid,
I will appreciate and apply all such input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back