Aminus hates everything (Or, Aminus rants and reviews stuff)
Jun 29, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #571 of 950
Well that’s strange. He clearly thinks there’s a problem here, and that said problem apparently stems from my writing. So only 1 of 2 (or maybe even both at the same time) possibilities could be the reason:
1. Having an opinion that is generally negative is a problem.
2. Expressing said opinion is a problem.
Pick your poison.

He's probably surprised that so many highly popular iem's are rated so lowly.

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #572 of 950
Indeed, I'm having a hard time understanding why there's so much crappy IEM. I just don't think they're all that bad. Listen, when you give 2/10 on IEM , to me it's no better than a pair of buds in a convenience store for 10 bucks...and I know very well that this is not the case. And it's article after article after article, and continually spewing out hate.

That's why I was saying that at a certain point the problem is no longer the IEM but the customer.

Even the title of the thread says a lot about the kind of review

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #573 of 950
Indeed, I'm having a hard time understanding why there's so much crappy IEM. I just don't think they're all that bad. Listen, when you give 2/10 on IEM , to me it's no better than a pair of buds in a convenience store for 10 bucks...
Well congratulations, you’ve discovered differences in opinion! Guess what, I genuinely do think some kilobuck IEMs are that bad. Hell, I think there are convenience store earphones that are better than pretty much every 2/10 (or 3/10 IEM) I’ve scored. MH755 anyone?

and I know very well that this is not the case.
Based on what? Headfonia and Headfonic?

And it's article after article after article, and continually spewing out hate.
I’m not sure you know what the word hate means, but I don’t think a couple of negative reviews counts as it. Also, on that note, I did a tally of all my review scores a while back, and it actually comes out to about a bell curve. 1/10s (2 of them) are about as rare as 9/10s (1 of them), 2/10s (5 of them) are slightly more ubiquitous than 8/10s (3 of them) but still fairly rare, etc etc. with the most common scores being 6/10 (12 of them), 5/10 (also 12) and 3/10 (13 of them). So no, it’s not article after article, if anything my scoring has been more or less statistically balanced.

That's why I was saying that at a certain point the problem is no longer the IEM but the customer.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but most people don’t consider disliking a commercial product to be any sort of genuine problem. That is, unless you have some sort of investment or stake in it.

Even the title of the thread says a lot about the kind of review
Oh, do I really have to do this? Fine. The title of the thread is a joke poking fun at people like you who genuinely think I have nothing but vitriol for anything that enters my ears. You really didn’t think I was serious when I said I “hated everything” right?

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #574 of 950
Well congratulations, you’ve discovered differences in opinion! Guess what, I genuinely do think some kilobuck IEMs are that bad. Hell, I think there are convenience store earphones that are better than pretty much every 2/10 (or 3/10 IEM) I’ve scored. MH755 anyone?

Based on what? Headfonia and Headfonic?

I’m not sure you know what the word hate means, but I don’t think a couple of negative reviews counts as it. Also, on that note, I did a tally of all my review scores a while back, and it actually comes out to about a bell curve. 1/10s (2 of them) are about as rare as 9/10s (1 of them), 2/10s (5 of them) are slightly more ubiquitous than 8/10s (3 of them) but still fairly rare, etc etc. with the most common scores being 6/10 (12 of them), 5/10 (also 12) and 3/10 (13 of them). So no, it’s not article after article, if anything my scoring has been more or less statistically balanced.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but most people don’t consider disliking a commercial product to be any sort of genuine problem. That is, unless you have some sort of investment or stake in it.

Oh, do I really have to do this? Fine. The title of the thread is a joke poking fun at people like you who genuinely think I have nothing but vitriol for anything that enters my ears. You really didn’t think I was serious when I said I “hated everything” right?

No no don't worry I know you don't hate everything but I also know what kind of IEM you like and if that doesn't fit into your criteria "kick out"

But you didn't answer my question earlier... what do you do for a living? Cause I wouldn't lie to you that having expertise in the field gives credibility to the article.

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #575 of 950
No no don't worry I know you don't hate everything but I also know what kind of IEM you like and if that doesn't fit into your criteria "kick out"

But you didn't answer my question earlier... what do you do for a living? Cause I wouldn't lie to you that having expertise in the field gives credibility to the article.
What kind of IEMs do I like and what kinds don’t fit my criteria then? Do educate me on my own preferences.

I’m unfortunately not obligated to tell you anything about myself, nor am I particularly interested in seeking credibility from you, or anyone else for that matter. All words I write should be taken as a single person’s subjective opinion and nothing more. You are free to discard them or heed them as you wish, as is written in the very first post in this thread under the big disclaimer sign.

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #576 of 950
I’m unfortunately not obligated to tell you anything about myself, nor am I particularly interested in seeking credibility from you, or anyone else for that matter. All words I write should be taken as a single person’s subjective opinion and nothing more. You are free to discard them or heed them as you wish, as is written in the very first post in this thread under the big disclaimer sign.

ah OK thank you

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #580 of 950
Where the response with the word “haughty”? Must have been removed by a moderator? :)

Reminds me of the good old days....this thread.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #582 of 950
Blonde waving at you less....
I don't get it?
It was suposed to be "hand raised" as in "me, I know....less". It definitely was funnier in my head - even funnier that I'm not a woman (or blonde). Dammit I wish humor wasnt as subjective as audio.

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #583 of 950
@aminus have you tried the lcd i4/3?
The Audeze stuff generally sounds entirely wrong and basically untuned without the Cipher DSP, which I consider it more or less being a necessity to be a flaw in and of itself. To explain simply, if I can't plug a transducer into an established standard like 1/8" or 4.4mm, then I don't really consider it to be something I can work with. Using DSP to tune a transducer designed for the lowest possible distortion, while a long established thing in speakers, is simply too novel for IEMs at the moment and I don't think it's a technology that's viable just yet. Maybe when wireless becomes a truly ubiquitous replacement for wired, or if some sort of ADC > DAC method is used (ie. 305s). But for now, the Audeze IEMs are too "out there" for me to take seriously.

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #585 of 950
What are your thoughts on 64audio A6t?
Have not had much eartime with it, but it's thick, dark and gooey from what I remember. Not my kind of thing, but not terrible I suppose. I believe the main issue with it would be that it lacks any sort of notion of price performance (as low/midrange 64 tends to) and is a little iffy on the technicalities side of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back