AmericaHiFi - Goldring Turntable Cartridges
Aug 3, 2021 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12
Hello Head-Fi Members!

AmericaHiFi has the opportunity to sell another classic brand, Goldring Cartridges by Armour Home Electronics in the UK.
We would like some initial feedback so that we can do this right! We trust the Head-Fi Community and through yourselves we have been successful with our QED Cables, Atlas Cables, iFi Products, the launch of our Cyrus range and recently our Titan Audio Products.

If you get a chance please respond in the thread with your thoughts. My basic questions are below - answer any or all!

Have you heard of Goldring (or Armour Home Electronic)?

Your general interest in Cartridges for Turntables?

How many people own (and cherish!) a turntable - or seriously plan to purchase one?

Have you replaced your standard cartridge in your turntable?

Do you own multiple cartridges?

What is the typical price range this community would expect to pay, there are 3 families of cartridges?
E Series and 1000 Series: $99 - $599
2000 Series: $299 - $1,049
Moving Coil: $799 - $1,499

I would love some general feedback and gauge the interest here, leave any comments / answers below - so that we do this right! And, of course, anyone responding will get the first chance to purchase these beautiful cartridges!

You can visit our website and store americahifi.com/shop
(we do not have the Goldring yet - once we get some feedback we plan to add this range in September/October)

Some more details about Goldring below:

Goldring_Logo_top_tail_Black_240x240.png

Quality, Innovation, Heritage​

At Goldring we are proud to boast over 100 years of rich heritage and expertise. The Goldring brand has long been synonymous with all that is great about British hi-fi and is a name closely associated with quality, innovation and reliability throughout the long history of the gramophone record.
- Over 100 Years of industry expertise across 3 generations
- Technical leaders with unrivalled skill and expertise
- Designed and handmade in the UK
- Manufacturer of cartridges for leading turntable brands
- Exclusive cartridge repair service available

MOVING MAGNET CARTRIDGES​

Our E Series moving magnet cartridges are designed to offer a premium performance at an affordable price, whereas our hand-crafted 1000 Series cartridges are individually tested & adjusted for a far superior audio experience. Both ranges feature a hierarchy of user-replaceable diamond stylus profiles to complement your chosen performance level.
- E Series are typically priced between $99 and $169
- The 1000 Series are typically priced between: $349 and $599

MOVING IRON CARTRIDGES​

The 2000 series with moving iron technology features a low moving mass which helps it to more accurately trace the record groove. Its relatively high compliance makes it compatible with low to medium-mass tonearms. A broad range of diamond profiles is available and the stylus is straightforward to swap, allowing easy upgrades at a later date.
- The 2000 Series are typically priced between $299 and $1,049

MOVING COIL CARTRIDGES​

For the highest accuracy and most detailed listening experience we offer a selection of excellent moving coil cartridge designs. With the lowest moving mass and most advanced diamond profiles, Goldring's innovative, hand-made MC cartridges offer the best performance for the most discerning listeners.
- Goldring Moving Coil Cartridges are typically priced between $799 and $1,499

And of course some nice photos:

Goldring E2 Closeup.jpg

Above: Goldring E2 Closeup

Goldring 1042 In Action.jpg

Above: Goldring 1042 In Action!

Goldring 2100 Closeup.jpg

Above: Goldring 2100 Closeup

Goldring 2400 In Action.jpg

Above: Goldring 2400 In Action!

Goldring Eroica LX Closeup.jpg

Above: Goldring Eroica LX Closeup

Goldring Ethos In Action.jpg

Above: Goldring Ethos In Action!

Thank you - please leave your thoughts and comments in this thread. And of course, please visit our store for QED Cables, iFi Audio Products, Titan Audio Power Cables, Atlas Cables and our range of Cyrus Audio Amps: americahifi.com/store

Robert
americahifi.com

Attachments

• icon1.png
    icon1.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 12
I can tell you I’m obsessed with the Atlas Cables and the Titan Audio Power Cables - I just did a review on the rca cables and now I ordered the speaker and ac power cords - I’m making another review for them but so far I’m thinking I found a real winner few know about I’m glad my buddy told me about these
F3F380CF-8368-42D4-B9D0-E46F07112D3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 12
Not Goldring, sadly. I've been on AT/Technics needles, cartridges, and headshells. Had an Ortofon OM5 for a while as well, but a little too sterile for my tastes. Currently running an Audio Technica AT-LP120 with an ATVM95ML with the phono stage removed (Cambridge Alva Duo handles that task now). Haven't made it up the ladder to Shibata yet, but man does that combo sound fantastic on a pair of Jamo C95 II.

PXL_20210803_232105625.jpg

I think there's tremendous value-add to stocking Goldring; keep in mind there's other favorites from other forums I've stumbled across (Sumiko Blackbird/Pearl, Grado Black/Gold, Rega Elys 2). Would be a great addition to the store.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 12
I have not heard goldring cartridges. Been using sumiko pearl, some ATs . Just ordered a real budget AT to hold me till i replace my turntable. Most likely getting a fluance rt85.

Don't swap between cartridges yet cause my current tt doesn't have detachable headshell.
Looking at prices i would probably get e-series or basic 2000 model.

Aug 3, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #5 of 12
Not Goldring, sadly. I've been on AT/Technics needles, cartridges, and headshells. Had an Ortofon OM5 for a while as well, but a little too sterile for my tastes. Currently running an Audio Technica AT-LP120 with an ATVM95ML with the phono stage removed (Cambridge Alva Duo handles that task now). Haven't made it up the ladder to Shibata yet, but man does that combo sound fantastic on a pair of Jamo C95 II.

PXL_20210803_232105625.jpg

I think there's tremendous value-add to stocking Goldring; keep in mind there's other favorites from other forums I've stumbled across (Sumiko Blackbird/Pearl, Grado Black/Gold, Rega Elys 2). Would be a great addition to the store.

Thank you for the feedback, and yes I also like Audio Technica, however I have limited space so I have to rely upon Digital/Streaming Services =(
I appreciate people commenting, this definitely helps me make a positive decision about moving forward with Goldring.

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 12
Aug 4, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #7 of 12
I have not heard goldring cartridges. Been using sumiko pearl, some ATs . Just ordered a real budget AT to hold me till i replace my turntable. Most likely getting a fluance rt85.

Don't swap between cartridges yet cause my current tt doesn't have detachable headshell.
Looking at prices i would probably get e-series or basic 2000 model.
Thank you for the comments. My goal will be to have stock of most price-points, as I say in my post prices start at $99 and most of the Goldring Cartridges are between $169 and $799, and maybe stock a couple of the highest end products.

I have read some of the reviews (What HiFi etc) and the brand and products look really promising.

Thank you again
Robert
AmericaHiFi

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #8 of 12
I've heard of, but not heard, Goldring cartridges. I'm currently running a Grado Blue on a U-Turn Orbit Plus, but it's just way too warm for me, so I've been thinking about an Ortofon 2M Blue.

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #9 of 12
Aug 5, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #10 of 12
I've heard of, but not heard, Goldring cartridges. I'm currently running a Grado Blue on a U-Turn Orbit Plus, but it's just way too warm for me, so I've been thinking about an Ortofon 2M Blue.
Thank you for the feedback. Goldring are quite popular in the UK (I am originally from England). I do feel that (like QED, Atlas and Cyrus)... once people experience these products, they will like them. Luckily the Goldring price range and options seems to allow everyone from budget conscious to audiophiles, I just need to decide on what exactly to carry. This type of feedback is great for me though, thanks again.
Robert

Aug 8, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #11 of 12
I owned the Goldring 1042 and thought it was a wonderful cartridge. When I sold my turntable, I sold it along with it (including it definitely helped the sale happen). I have since upgraded my turntable by quite a big margin and I have a Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star ES ($1995) and love it. I do not use more than one cartridge.
76D10328-63E5-4000-BE72-20F90F0384CE.jpeg

Aug 8, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #12 of 12
I owned the Goldring 1042 and thought it was a wonderful cartridge. When I sold my turntable, I sold it along with it (including it definitely helped the sale happen). I have since upgraded my turntable by quite a big margin and I have a Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star ES ($1995) and love it. I do not use more than one cartridge.76D10328-63E5-4000-BE72-20F90F0384CE.jpeg
Thank you for the post, and the cool image of this cartridge. I am very pleased with the feedback that I am getting about Goldring, and will try my best to incorporate the feedback in to the range of products that I can sell.
Sincerely,
Robert
AmericaHiFi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back