Amazon used CD's
Feb 10, 2007 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Rimwalker

New Head-Fier
Do you think buying used CD's from Amazon's marketplace is a good idea? I don't necessarily need everything in the package to be in top shape, but I'd like it if all of the collectibles came with it. I also don't mind supporting the artist too.

But 5-15 dollars less on a CD is a big deal. What do you think?

Edit: Yeah, I'm aware there are other websites, but this isn't my credit card (my sister's) and many people don't trust sites that hey have never heard of. And ebay doesn't have the one I'm looking for so that's not an option either.

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 11
Yes! If you establish some guidelines. Mine are like new, seller must have at least a 1000 transactions and over 95 percent feedback.

I've order literally hundreds and have only experienced two problems that I can recall.

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 11
I've never had a problem with it. Unless it's a CD that I want to have pristine collectibles, etc., I've gone Amazon used.

I always burn a copy of any CD that's "new" to me and stash the original anyhow. So I end up not looking at all the paper parts too often anyhow. I do this because I tend to scratch, lose, give away or destroy CD's. I have that knack.

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 11
Amazon used is the only place on the net that I buy used cds from. I agree with the other two it's good to have a guideline. I won't buy from anyone with lessthan 300 transactions and less than 98% feed back. So far I haven't had a bad tansaction and I've bought 3/4ths of my current collection through Amazon.

My disc are all in great condition except one and that was refunded. I can defaintl recommend Amazon used to anyone.

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 11
I have purchased at least 200 used cds from Amazon and I couldn't agree more with the advice given. I've had two transactions that didn't go well and both times I ultimately was refunded. The brief descriptions sellers use I find to be accurate. Generally if they say "like new" it's like new.

What better way to try out a new artist than ordering a used cd from Amazon. The $.01 cds are the best. For less than three dollars you get to discover a new artist. I've sold several one cent Amazon specials that didn't turn out so well to local used cd stores for more than I paid. Too cool.

"Why not" I say...

Feb 22, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
definately buy used on Amazon. Usually less expensive that EBay with cheaper shipping.

Just throwing the yourmusic.com I am still getting them for $5.99 shipped. Although their customer service is terrible. I send them an emails and dont get a response sometime for 2 weeks? or ever. Sometimes takes 5 emails to get one repsonse.

Never got the wrong disc just didnt get a que cd a couple of tiimes!

Still waiting for Jan & Feb que CD's but got a Cart CD in 3 days no problem. I dont get it but cd price is tough to beat!

Feb 22, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #10 of 11
I use to sell and buy in Amazon...as a general rule you can purchase from me blindly, as I'm very consisten with the rating system they have, and I offer the best description possible in all cases.
But in order for me to purchase from others, has to be new, and sealed, period...I have gotten a few "like new" CDs, that IMO are not even "acceptable", specially the holes and punches issue, on promotional items sold...
Even while the rating system is clear, people use it the way they want, and that is a big problem, as standards differ from person ot person...

Feb 22, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use to sell and buy in Amazon...as a general rule you can purchase from me blindly, as I'm very consisten with the rating system they have, and I offer the best description possible in all cases.
But in order for me to purchase from others, has to be new, and sealed, period...I have gotten a few "like new" CDs, that IMO are not even "acceptable", specially the holes and punches issue, on promotional items sold...
Even while the rating system is clear, people use it the way they want, and that is a big problem, as standards differ from person ot person...

Yeah I buy the cheapest New one that is there. I also like to support the artist so I like to buy New. I just have to have that plastic wrap
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back