Amazon Used CDS- How to buy?
Jan 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #32 of 35
I was just trying to make a point that you can't compare prices in a vacuum. I can walk to a music store - nothing is more than 30 (or 15) minutes away - so for me it's different. And a loss of sales tax isn't the only effect of doing business elsewhere. Anyway, I wasn't trying to do an economical analysis, I just spent 5 seconds trying to make a point - even if in this case it's fine you can't always look only at price.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #33 of 35
What I think is really important when buying used CDs is to compare the prices of the different websites. There are so many different sites that offer different prices that you need to get an overview of the best prices to be sure that you can save more money when buying used CDs. To get the best price I always use Bonavendi.com. It is really a cool comparison site and very easy to handle. Here is the link if you want to check it out: http://www.bonavendi.com/buy/b/CDs.html

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #34 of 35
What I think is really important when buying used CDs is to compare the prices of the different websites. There are so many different sites that offer different prices that you need to get an overview of the best prices to be sure that you can save more money when buying used CDs. To get the best price I always use Bonavendi. com. It is really a cool comparison site and very easy to handle.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #35 of 35
I've bought about 100 or so discs off Amazon used so far, and it's about a 95% success rate so far. Here are the problems I've run into:
.Bad condition description - had a couple of discs that had staining, rips, scratches, etc. when listed as Very Good (my usual minimum)
.Surprise warehouse editions! - Policy states that they must indicate if the CD is a BOTM Club edition or another kind of re-print. Sometimes the seller doesn't indicate this
.Wrong edition - This is Amazon's fault for how they lump together multiple titles. You want the remaster from 1990, but you get the original from 1980.

That's about all I can drum up from ~5 failures :) Universally sellers have been quick to say "keep the disc free" when I complain, and I get me a free coaster! On another note, it seems that having a small remainder/hole-punch taken out of the UPC code area is acceptable as "New" even from Amazon proper, which I think it a bit sketchy. Oh well.

If you strongly desire a specific edition of a disc, I've found Discogs useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back