Amazon of China (Aliexpress)
Nov 23, 2016 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Level

100+ Head-Fier
Well for anyone thinking about purchasing from Aliexpress I have a story to relate.

I ordered an Xduoo X2 from newfrogdotcom a month or so ago and received the dap but it does not work properly, keeps freezing, repeats different songs in five song loops when it is working, repeatedly indicates File Error and in general has been a real pain to use. I figure hey, I'll contact newfrodotcom and explain the situation but surprise, surprise he refuses to accept a return of the item or to offer a refund.

Suggestion: don't buy from newfrogdotcom.

Aliexpress has me going through hoops for almost two weeks now. First it is, "Wait three more days and we will then take action."
Three days transpire....
Then it was, "Wait four more days and we will then take action."
Four days transpire....
Now it is, "Wait eight more days and we will then take action."

I'm sure you get the picture and it isn't pretty. In my experience if you don't like what you buy on Aliexpress you are pretty much stuck with it. This is NOT customer service. I will NOT be purchasing anything on Aliexpress in the future. The lower prices see you also buying headaches and regret.

No, I didn't spend a lot of money, less than $100, and that is because I didn't know whom I was dealing with. Now I do.

In this instance, BUYER BEWARE. Shop elsewhere.

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #3 of 16
I also had some poor experiences as well They will happily sell damaged goods knowing full well they will not refund. And once you go through the aliexpress dispute they offer half back, and well one will most likely accept the recoup some of the losses

But its a risk from China, and i've had good transactions as well

But ebay/amazon > ali for sure

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 16
Yes, ymmv but it's a stinkpot organization when the risk of dissatisfaction is so high.
The mothership seems as bad as the questionable sellers, lots of dicking around, many delays, no resolution.
Wish I'd have been a little wiser, not that my financial loss is great, but the wasted time is insane. Thank you for the link WraithApe, I posted a 'review.'

Rotten tomatoes rating: 10+

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 16
Its a learning experience. It costs to learn these lessons sometimes, and if you only lost a few bucks, that's OK

Most of my issues were items in the 10-20 bucks range so meh life goes on

Now i'll stick to ebay/amazon

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 16
  Well for anyone thinking about purchasing from Aliexpress I have a story to relate.

In this instance, BUYER BEWARE. Shop elsewhere.

I'm wondering why would you even think about ordering from China if you have Amazon, Ebay and many other on-line stores? Unless it is something for which you can't find an alternative where you live.

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #7 of 16
I would tell you the truth about Aliexpress and these Chinese businessmen but I would be called a racist if I did so.

As for me I will gladly give Amazon my business and pay the extra costs for honesty.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #8 of 16

I'm wondering why would you even think about ordering from China if you have Amazon, Ebay and many other on-line stores? Unless it is something for which you can't find an alternative where you live.

Playing around, really. I picked up a pair of iem's for $17 that were touted to rival their $100+ 'offical' version and where only available on AE, I then wandered around and bought an Xduoo X2 (the iem thread is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/726119/review-vivo-xplay-3s-xe800-mobile-audio-perfection). So I'm down $60 CDN and own a faulty player, it was never going to be worse than that with an unknown.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #9 of 16
  I would tell you the truth about Aliexpress and these Chinese businessmen but I would be called a racist if I did so.

As for me I will gladly give Amazon my business and pay the extra costs for honesty.

Big yes to that.

Please don't take offence but are you really a nice looking girl or just a guy using a cute picture (yes, I'm also trying to be funny).

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #10 of 16

Big yes to that.

Please don't take offence but are you really a nice looking girl or just a guy using a cute picture (yes, I'm also trying to be funny).

Yes this is a picture of me. I am a singer aswell but I am not famous.

I did a cover of summer wine on youtube would you like to hear it?

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #11 of 16
I am very Happy that aliexpress exists..i live in India and i have no access to portable high end audio stuffs...

i have spent around $3000 in aliexpress..

no issues till now..

just a suggestion..before buying anything.. check seller ratings.. feedback counts..

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #13 of 16
I am very Happy that aliexpress exists..i live in India and i have no access to portable high end audio stuffs...

i have spent around $3000 in aliexpress..

no issues till now..

just a suggestion..before buying anything.. check seller ratings.. feedback counts..

Absolutely right, I have onlyt myself to blame. Note to self: never again deal with newfrogdotcom, and never anticipate Aliexpress will treat me fairly.
When Aliexpress was asked by me to step in they determined I had no case unless I could submit a video of the dap malfunction, and then they would review it. Likely another 2-3 week wait. What is the point in calling this customer service?

So, if you have a problem and need Aliexpress to help you along, good luck with that. They really do suck. Thier motto goes something like this, 'The customer is wrong unless they can prove they are 100% right, and then we may offer 50% refund, but the decision will take 2-3 weeks (because we're sooooo busy).

Onward and upward!

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #14 of 16
So people actually sent me PM thinking that pic is actually me. LOL

Yeah here is "me" from the pic I am surprised nobody made out who that actually is Here is a hint lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OEron4rXfk

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #15 of 16
  So people actually sent me PM thinking that pic is actually me. LOL

Yeah here is "me" from the pic I am surprised nobody made out who that actually is Here is a hint lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OEron4rXfk

What did theyy PM you for?

:p

This is defo wrong place for pick up lines. But, never know they would probably say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back