Amazon launches Music HD with lossless streaming
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #1,156 of 1,996
Hmmm, maybe not everywhere yet - I am not seeing a newer version. I am on Win10, and I even Uninstalled / Reinstalled. Hope it is just a delayed rollout and I will see it soon. The Windows Store is where the updates for these apps come from ( not in the individual app ).
1587080700669.png

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #1,158 of 1,996
Hmmm, maybe not everywhere yet - I am not seeing a newer version. I am on Win10, and I even Uninstalled / Reinstalled. Hope it is just a delayed rollout and I will see it soon. The Windows Store is where the updates for these apps come from ( not in the individual app ).
I don't have an HD subscription ATM (I cancelled after the free trial) but I do have access to the basic Prime Music that is free to all Prime members. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and I have the same version (albeit without the "a" at the end, which probably denoted the paid version) and no exclusive mode--though exclusive mode might well not ever appear on my free non-HD version. The single post on the Amazon forums concerning this is apparently from the same poster here who is the only person to see exclusive mode. It seems strange. If it does appear generally, I may give it a try agan.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #1,159 of 1,996
I don't have an HD subscription ATM (I cancelled after the free trial) but I do have access to the basic Prime Music that is free to all Prime members. I also uninstalled and reinstalled and I have the same version (albeit without the "a" at the end, which probably denoted the paid version) and no exclusive mode--though exclusive mode might well not ever appear on my free non-HD version. The single post on the Amazon forums concerning this is apparently from the same poster here who is the only person to see exclusive mode. It seems strange. If it does appear generally, I may give it a try agan.

yeah, I saw that one single poster, so I'm surprised that I got it. It probably is a rolling update, and not everyone is getting it right now. What I hate is the lack of transparency from Amazon. It's not like this is a super-secret mode that only Amazon would have. Their closest competitors already have it!

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,161 of 1,996
I also don't have it. Also uninstalled and reinstalled and all that jazz. I wonder if since some of us are on the 3 months free even if we have put in our CC for the monthly/annual fee if that is the problem. I have version 7.10.1.2195 and I need 7.11.3.2198 . All I can do is give it time and see what happens.

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #1,163 of 1,996
Unfortunately you can't call Amazon they say you have to use chat due to the virus. LOL Anyway I finally got with chat and I think they thought I was speaking in Chinese or something. All they said was that if some got it and some didn't then you just have to wait. I don't think the lady really understood what I was asking.

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #1,165 of 1,996
How do I see what version I have? I don’t have the speaker icon, but just curious.
Click your name in the upper right of the UI, click help, click About Amazon Music. That will bring up the box with the version number.

Apr 18, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #1,168 of 1,996
Funny thing. I actually came to check on this, and it's happening! Wow.

I need to test this out, compare with Tidal. I'm interested in Amazon since it should have larger collection. I hope their music recommendation algorithm is good.

Update: I don't have the speaker icon either. It looks like it's from auto-update.

The question is, when will it get updated? This is so stupid!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #1,169 of 1,996
Funny thing. I actually came to check on this, and it's happening! Wow.

I need to test this out, compare with Tidal. I'm interested in Amazon since it should have larger collection. I hope their music recommendation algorithm is good.

yeah, I cancelled my Tidal after this. While Tidal has a smoother sound (at times vocal harmonies are more distorted on Amazon Music HD), its sound is a little too small and polished. It doesn't have the raw musicality that Amazon HD seems to have, especially now w/ the Exclusive Mode.

The Exclusive Mode does make music sound a bit smoother and clearer on Amazon HD now.

Apr 18, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #1,170 of 1,996
The new one downloaded from this link today.
But guess Exclusive functionality is only available for HD subscribers as I can't see it as pictured.

Yes, it's most likely only for HD subscriber, since we do have access to the HD and UltraHD content where you need and want that. I highly suggest getting it, especially with the cheaper Annual Plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back