Amazon launches Music HD with lossless streaming
Dec 14, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #1,021 of 1,996
Has UAPP started integration with amazon HD yet?

Dec 14, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #1,023 of 1,996
Has UAPP started integration with amazon HD yet?

Nope only Qobuz and Tidal work with UAPP right now sorry.

And it has not started because Amazon has only released the API to hardware partners. The API is not public, and it is not yet available to app developers.

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #1,024 of 1,996
And it has not started because Amazon has only released the API to hardware partners. The API is not public, and it is not yet available to app developers.

Yes and I also think the chances of Amazon allowing integration into Roon and Audirvana are slim to none. They want a closed system. They could possibly put one or both Qobuz and Tidal in serious trouble of going under if they did open their API so putting them out of business does not seem to be a priority for Amazon, just selling hardware from their partners.

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #1,025 of 1,996
I’m looking for a good DAP with proper support for Amazon Music HD.

Important considerations:
  • plays at the same quality as the source files - up to 192/24
  • balanced output
  • good sound quality
I’m considering the following:
  • Hiby R6 Pro
  • FiiO M11 Pro
  • iBasso DX220
Any comments on these devices, or other recommendations, welcome.

Randy

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #1,026 of 1,996
IMHO Amazon HD may be too new to expect a DAP to work 100% perfectly with.

I advise a waiting period before getting married to Amazon Music.

Use something more reliable until then?

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #1,027 of 1,996
IMHO Amazon HD may be too new to expect a DAP to work 100% perfectly with.

I advise a waiting period before getting married to Amazon Music.

Use something more reliable until then?
From what I'm reading it does look too new to expect anything to work perfectly. I have a ZX300 and some Pono players with lots of FLAC files, so I can playback hi-res without a problem. My hope with Amazon Music HD was to get a wide selection of hi-res via streaming.

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #1,028 of 1,996
Yes we all want that but hope doesn't nesdearily make electronics and apps do what we want.

Dec 16, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #1,030 of 1,996
Cancelling subscription after trial with "No exclusive mode" reason, could be a good message to the deaf Amazon ears, they only understand money.
What is the annual sub for Qobuz right now?

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #1,032 of 1,996
I'v settled on Tidal for the moment.

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #1,034 of 1,996
Cancelling subscription after trial with "No exclusive mode" reason, could be a good message to the deaf Amazon ears, they only understand money.
Doubtful. I'm not even sure that subscribers who care about exclusive mode even amount to the proverbial rounding error for Amazon. (And FWIW, when I canceled my free trial last week I cited exclusive mode as the primary reason, plus the awful UI.)

Dec 16, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #1,035 of 1,996
I’m looking for a good DAP with proper support for Amazon Music HD.

Important considerations:
  • plays at the same quality as the source files - up to 192/24
  • balanced output
  • good sound quality
I’m considering the following:
  • Hiby R6 Pro
  • FiiO M11 Pro
  • iBasso DX220
Any comments on these devices, or other recommendations, welcome.

Randy

I suggest to get an ipod touch or a small iphone + a mobile dac of your choice, this works fine for me. I don't believe in those DAPs, hiby r6 pro measured like junk on audio science reviews... I semi-permanently attached a dac to the phone with a velcro tape, so there is not much of a difference to a 'real' dap, but it's modular an I can exchange components to my liking...

Here is my current Amazon Music machine, even with a Fiio amp. Everything holding together with velcro tape, still mobile enough to put it into a pocket when moving around the house...

STICKER_20191216190308.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back