Amazon launches Music HD with lossless streaming
Apr 18, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #1,171 of 1,996
yeah, I cancelled my Tidal after this. While Tidal has a smoother sound (at times vocal harmonies are more distorted on Amazon Music HD), its sound is a little too small and polished. It doesn't have the raw musicality that Amazon HD seems to have, especially now w/ the Exclusive Mode.

The Exclusive Mode does make music sound a bit smoother and clearer on Amazon HD now.
I still don't have exclusive mode. It must be some sort of auto-update. This is really stupid that the update is randomly chosen.

Waiting for the app to update to 7.11.3.2198 to get the exclusive mode.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #1,173 of 1,996
I just uninstalled and installed and still get the old version. What am I doing wrong. Tried it twice.
It's not what you are doing wrong, it's the way Amazon is handling this. When you install, it will install to version 7.10.1.2195

The exclusive mode is on version 7.11.3.2198 and you can only get it through the Amazon server deciding to update your app, and you cannot control it, which is stupid.
Manually downloaded PC player from https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=16962657011, still 7.10.1.2195
That version doesn't have the exclusive mode. Just wait for the app to update itself, and who knows when? I don't understand why we can't download the latest version with exclusive mode?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #1,174 of 1,996
It's not what you are doing wrong, it's the way Amazon is handling this. When you install, it will install to version 7.10.1.2195

The exclusive mode is on version 7.11.3.2198 and you can only get it through the Amazon server deciding to update your app, and you cannot control it, which is stupid.
That version doesn't have the exclusive mode. Just wait for the app to update itself, and who knows when? I don't understand why we can't download the latest version with exclusive mode?
Yeah I know but it is frustrating. I actually like Amazon HD and UHD . I have tried Tidal,and the one starts with Q (brain fart) and I like the sound of Amazon the best right now even without the update. Just think the update will improve things even more. One thing I have found after being retired is that there is no shortage of impatients. LOL

Apr 18, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #1,176 of 1,996

Manual or auto update, you still get the same version now.
Manually downloaded.
1587250062630.png

Apr 18, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #1,179 of 1,996
Apr 18, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #1,180 of 1,996
Manual or auto update, you still get the same version now.
Manually downloaded.
1587250062630.png
Mine hasn't updated yet, and now I'm sure the version is not related to the install file. There must be something Amazon puts on the computer when it updates via the app. The install file only initiates installtion with the server.

I saw this on a Japanse blog. It seems the app updates while you are listening, and it pops up as a blue bar at the top. This is rediculous and stupid, and driving me nuts.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/sumi_live_door/archives/6188648.html

Apr 18, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #1,181 of 1,996
This is really stupid that the update is randomly chosen.
No it isn't stupid. It is standard practice throughout the software industry. Start rolling out an update to say 10% of users, usually chosen at random. Wait a few days and see if crashes or other problems are happening. If there are problems, stop the rollout and fix the issues before updating more users. Otherwise increase the rollout to say 25%, and repeat the process a few times to get to 100%.

I guarantee that this update isn't just for exclusive mode and also includes other software changes. Any of the changes can be a problem that causes the entire rollout to stop.

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #1,182 of 1,996
No it isn't stupid. It is standard practice throughout the software industry. Start rolling out an update to say 10% of users, usually chosen at random. Wait a few days and see if crashes or other problems are happening. If there are problems, stop the rollout and fix the issues before updating more users. Otherwise increase the rollout to say 25%, and repeat the process a few times to get to 100%.

I guarantee that this update isn't just for exclusive mode and also includes other software changes. Any of the changes can be a problem that causes the entire rollout to stop.
Makes sense to me.

Apr 20, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #1,185 of 1,996
me either, windows and mac both are still not updated for the two computers I have.
I still don't have it either. It's annoying. I did some searching and I saw a post from 3 months ago that somebody gotten the update (Vietnam?)? Can't they just put the feature on there for everyone? This is stupid.

I just want to find out if it makes a difference and worthwhile. I don't find the sound of Amazon App as good as Tidal. I heard that it's not really bit-perfect since the Chord DACs do not change color from the different bit-rate formats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back