Amazing Shure E4 comments...
Jun 30, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Well, normal people never heard of Shure anyways. All they know is Bose. When I told my friends, Bose sucks. They are like are you on drug or something. They produce the best speakers and earphones in the world. It took me an hour to convince them that company like Shure or Grado is so much better than Bose. So they just need some education that is all.

I agree, so why don't people on this board who own/use shure or any other products, write brief reviews on other sites such as the apple one? As an uninformed consumer, reading only the limited viewpoints of those comments just entrenches the same opinions. Venting on this messageboard is all well and good, but it may feel better to take apart someone else's praise (gently and rationally) by explaining why Bose may not be the greatest ever, just compared to the stock phones/$5 airline phones. Even 5 reviews from a more mature perspective could have a tenfold affect on how people think of higher end audio. (especially when many of the reviews just bash products for no sound reasons at all).

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
I can't believe you don't own your own homemade smoker and cure all your lunch meats yourself!"

Great, something else I need to go do research on....

Jun 30, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by vherub
Venting on this messageboard is all well and good, but it may feel better to take apart someone else's praise (gently and rationally) by explaining why Bose may not be the greatest ever, just compared to the stock phones/$5 airline phones. Even 5 reviews from a more mature perspective could have a tenfold affect on how people think of higher end audio. (especially when many of the reviews just bash products for no sound reasons at all).

If you want to put them right on that board please do but I dunno if I really care that much. Perhaps I enjoy the "smugness" of having something I feel is superior (you can hate me if you like).

That's REALLY easy down here as Shure and Ety are even rarer. I think it unlikely that I'll EVER see anyone wearing them (beam!)

ZT

Jun 30, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #19 of 21
just goes to show how effective bose's marketing is...and how easy it is to influence the perceptions of the general public. give shure, ety, UE, etc. half the advertising money of bose and the public would be singing a different tune (or am i giving "them" too much credit?)...

Jul 1, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #20 of 21
Ignorance is bliss. What I've found is that a great proportion of iPod users dont care about sound they like "hearing" music not necessarily "listening" to music if you catch me. Just having music play in their ears is enough. They aren't concerned with bass extension or the presentation of mids or rolled off highs, so to ears that dont care they will ignore the difference of a better headfone.earbud.IEM if its the same song playing and they can hear it thats their main concern. It is their own fault for not doing research and being convinced everything white is for the iPod and as such justifies the price. They could easily pick up some E5c's for less than that, but hey I'm preaching to the choir.

SHADY

edit: its as if owning an iPod gives them a superior right to portable music listening, those that ive come across dont want to hear what i have to say, so i was forced to show them the light (show them the full spectrum of real sound). NOTHING ON THIS WORLD FEELS BETTER THAN BLOWING SOMEONE AWAY WITH EX70's ... hahaha it was interesting, im gonna let them listen to my ER6is later this year to give them a taste, and let HeadFi do the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back