Amazing Shure E4 comments...
Jun 30, 2005 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ZackT

500+ Head-Fier
Just checking Apple's website and noticed they're selling the E4's (at a hugely inflated price). What I find amazing is the crazy comments people are saying about these supurb (IMO) headphones.

Have a click through... people are saying the Bose are better (sigh!), that they're AS GOOD as the ones Apple supply with iPods (shudder!).

I don't know wheather I should lament the poor sods that really believe this or feel smug that I don't.

It's a toughy.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...#reviewsanchor

ZT

Jun 30, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 21
$369?!?

They're selling the UE super.fi 5 Pro for $250. I think Shure's standard price is $299. Someone at Shure really ought to look into this.

Best regards,

-Jason

Jun 30, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 21
Whoa thats so expensive. Haha what I find amazing is that the majority of iPod users love the bose q2's. They don't know what they're missing.

Jun 30, 2005 at 9:03 AM Post #4 of 21
It's funny how most of the bad E4c reviews are people saying "omg expensive these suck don't buy them" and have never even heard them. They probably review the QC2 as being better than sex without trying them as well.

Check out this review about the E5c. He clearly hasn't heard them:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some Jackass
there great yea but the bose quiet coumfort2 is MUCH better and ALOT cheeper

Edit: You know what's more funny is that people are actually buying these things from the Apple store. You're supposed to buy online because it's cheaper...man people just don't know how to shop these days...

Jun 30, 2005 at 12:23 PM Post #5 of 21
My favorite:
"these things cost more than the normal ipod, and all your getting is the music!!"
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 1:55 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
They probably review the QC2 as being better than sex without trying them as well.

Check it out...

"They are absolutely the best sounding and most comfortable headphones you will ever buy. Granted, they are Bose, and Bose products are fantastic."

BWAHAHAHAHA
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #7 of 21
Ya know, at first I got really upset at how stupid people can be. But then I thought about it and figured, if everyone was as educated and did as much research as us, then there would never be enough supply of the products we actually deem worthy of owning.

Thank God for stupid people.

Jun 30, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
I wonder, is it possible to get a little more smug self-congratulatory back patting in this thread? :p

Hardly
biggrin.gif
But why not make it a contest?
cool.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperM3
...if everyone was as educated and did as much research as us, then there would never be enough supply of the products we actually deem worthy of owning.

Thank God for stupid people.

Look at a comment like that. Apparently it never crossed the poster's mind that if everyone had head-fi standards, the market for high end head/canalphones would explode and there would be tons of companies with new products for us to use. This lack of insight was followed by commenting on how stupid people are. Sigh.

Bose bashing is obvious and passe at this point, no? Or can it at least be done without being condescending and smug regarding other people's choices?

Jun 30, 2005 at 2:36 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
My favorite:
"these things cost more than the normal ipod, and all your getting is the music!!"
biggrin.gif

That person what right! My souped up ipod washes my car and does my dishes after it cooks me a four course meal and bakes an apple pie. All my IEM's do for me is get me music...for shame! hehehe
etysmile.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Look at a comment like that. Apparently it never crossed the poster's mind that if everyone had head-fi standards, the market for high end head/canalphones would explode and there would be tons of companies with new products for us to use. This lack of insight was followed by commenting on how stupid people are. Sigh.

Bose bashing is obvious and passe at this point, no? Or can it at least be done without being condescending and smug regarding other people's choices?

Actually it did cross my mind. But what thought took over was that if everyone WAS as educated as us then it would be harder for people to make MILLIONS and MILLIONS off of stupid people who DONT do research and are willing to buy at HIGHER prices and take opinions from IPOD zombie posters.

Of course I would appreciate higher standards and quicker-to-market products if everyone was as discriminate as us here on this forum. Unfortunately that just isnt the case and I was making a sarcastic mockery of it. But thanks for point this out.

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 21
Well, normal people never heard of Shure anyways. All they know is Bose. When I told my friends, Bose sucks. They are like are you on drug or something. They produce the best speakers and earphones in the world. It took me an hour to convince them that company like Shure or Grado is so much better than Bose. So they just need some education that is all.

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #14 of 21
Yeah, I think it's really just a matter of being informed, not being stupid.

Of course, some people are more than happy with the sound of Bose or whatever and don't really care to make the extra effort to see what else is out there. Can't blame them on that...

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Yeah, I think it's really just a matter of being informed, not being stupid.

Right it's a matter of being informed and caring enough to really take the time to research and audition equipment. Lots of people just don't care that much and that doesn't make them stupid or less than me in some way, it just means that they have different interests.

The person who wants nice headphones/speakers and just goes out and buys a Bose product might appear foolish to us. But later on when you're eating your lunch that guy might stop you and say, "Oh my GOD! Is that BOAR'S HEAD HAM on your SANDWICH?! Ew! I don't understand how you can put that overpriced, overmarketed, so-called-food in your mouth! Seriously, you're wasting your money. It tastes no better than the insides of a 7-Eleven hot dog. I can't believe you don't own your own homemade smoker and cure all your lunch meats yourself! Wow, you're so stupid..."

Or whatever, the point is that although we love good audio gear there are things we don't care about and vice versa for all non-audio gearheads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back